These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
By bernyclarke
Hello,

I am unsure where this issue lies.

Setup: We have asterisk installed on a box in the office. The asterisk box connects to our voipfone account, which allows a user of the asterisk box in the office to use x-lite or a voip phone to make calls over voip (voipfone). We have set up an 0207 number through voipfone to redirect to our asterisk's Digital Reception. The caller then chooses an option or enters an extension number to be redirected. We are planning in installing a interface card with 2 FXO and 2 FXS modules, which adds direct pstn functionality.

Functions: When we dial our 0207 number from the pstn line, the call is correctly directed to our digital receptionist. When we dial internal extension numbers through the digital reception (not being directed to voipfone), we correctly get directed to the extension. When we call a pstn number over voip using voipfone (using x-lite), we can correctly connect and talk with that number When incoming is automatically directed to an extension number, we can talk away, good.

Problem: What we can not do is when someone from the pstn side phones our 0207 number, or if we login to a secondary voipfone account and call the offices voipfone SIP number and with Digital Reception switched on, the Digital Receptionist answers and plays back the message, but when the caller presses a number, nothing happens, no redirect, nothing.

Observation: It seems like the key tones/extension numbers are not making it through to our digital receptionist, but voice is making it through once the connection is established.

Question: Help! :) I've only been at asterisk for a few days and are unsure which domain this issue lies within. I don't know if it is a set up issue with voipfone or with us. We don't have any extensions set up on voipfone as our asterisk box in the office handles all that we are behind a NAT, but don't think this is an issue as our asterisk box directly connections with our voipfone account. Thank you in advanced.

Oh, pat on the back to voipfone for giving us 5 mins free when we opened the account to play and test with.
Sponsored
By WelshPaul
bernyclarke wrote:
Tue 9th May 2017, 09:50
Problem: What we can not do is when someone from the pstn side phones our 0207 number, or if we login to a secondary voipfone account and call the offices voipfone SIP number and with Digital Reception switched on, the Digital Receptionist answers and plays back the message, but when the caller presses a number, nothing happens, no redirect, nothing.
Change the following setting in your trunk PEER details from:
Code: Select all
dtmfmode=info
To:
dtmfmode=rfc2833
That should resolve the problem that you are experiencing.

Just as a FYI, below is an example of the PEER details that I use for Voipfone:-
host=sip.voipfone.net
username=VOIPFONE_AC_NUMBER
secret=VOIPFONE_AC_PASSWORD
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=very
type=peer
fromuser=VOIPFONE_AC_NUMBER
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=alaw