These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
Having just purchased a Huawei B628 router I was disappointed to find no option to use custom DNS servers. 😔
After doing some digging in the code, I can see the option is there, it’s just kind of hidden!?!

Follow the instructions below if you want to use your own custom DNS servers with your Huawei B628 router. 👌
  1. Log into the router
    Enter http://192.168.8.1/ in the address bar of your browser to access the router’s administration interface.
  2. Go to the DHCP settings page
    Click on “Advanced” in the top menu. Secondly, click on “Router” in the menu at the left side, and select “DHCP” in the submenu.
  3. Access the developer console in your browser
    How to access the developer console depends on your browser...
    • Chrome
      On macOS press: “Command + Option (Alt) + J”
      On Windows/Linux press: “Shift + CTRL + J”
    • Firefox
      On macOS press: “Command + Option (Alt) + K”
      On Windows/Linux press: “Ctrl + Shift + K”
    • Safari
      Press “Command + Option (Alt) + C” to access the JavaScript Console.
    Your webpage will now look something like this:
  4. Enable “Set DNS server manually” option
    On the console command line enter the following syntax and press enter:
    Code: Select all
    $('#dhcp_dns').show();
    The router’s administration interface for DHCP will now include an option to specify a custom DNS server of your choice. If necessary, close the command line window to return to the administration interface in full size. See the screenshot taken from my device below:
  5. Specify the IP address of a DNS server
    • Click the check box next to “Set DNS server manually”.
    • Enter an IP address of a DNS server in the field “Primary DNS server”. It is not mandatory to enter a secondary IP address, but many providers also provide a secondary IP address in case of server or network problems.
    • Finally, save the settings.
  6. Step 6: Reboot the router
    Reboot the router by clicking the reboot icon at the top of the page. It takes a few minutes and all connected devices will briefly lose the connection. The router now uses your chosen DNS server.
tonygibbs16 liked this

Ok, so the next instalment......... I loaded the Grand…

Apologies I do not have an answer but could you please …

Have you tried simply modifying the " ext &…

FreePBX and MS Teams

Hi @nwphoto , I Have responded to your private messa…