Many Speedtouch routers by default have a setting called SIP ALG turned on - This causes problems for most VoIP devices.
To turn off SIP ALG on the Speedtouch routers please follow the following instructions...
Be* There Speedtouch Router
Firstly you need to change the password from the default one - login to the web interface (You can access it here http://192.168.1.254) with username 'Administrator' and no password.
Click on [ Administrator ] at the top left - you can then change the password in the pop-up window. Save this change.
Note: you cannot get into the web interface of the Speedtouch once it has a password using 'Internet Explorer' - You'll need to use another browser.
Next open a Command Prompt window, e.g:
- Start --> Run --> type 'cmd' into this box --> Press Enter
- At the prompt, type 'telnet' followed by the ip address of the SpeedTouch (default is 192.168.1.254).
- Login using Administrator and the password you set before.
- Type: connection unbind application=SIP port=5060
- And then type: saveall
- Finally type: exit
O2 Speedtouch Routers default Username/Password:
Are you using Vista or Windows 7?
Unfortunately Windows Vista and Windows 7 does not have telnet installed by default, here's how to install it:
- Click Start then select Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Select the Telnet Client option.
- Click OK.