These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By Lenard
How does the nat outbound proxy help with NAT issues?

I am having a whole load of trouble with a cisco router as the IOS firewall inspection doesn't work well with NAT (it wants to translate the source port of my phone's SIP port to a random port from 1024 up, and RTP ports to a similarly random source port. The problem is the inspection mechanism is punching holes as if NAT isn't there (so it's punching a hole for 5060 on the public IP where there is no active NAT translation rule).

I can work around this by creating static NAT entries for 5060 and 16384 (the phone's default ports) but it's a bit ugly, and this seems to break the SIP inspection so I need to manually punch a hole to allow my voip provider in (otherwise results in one-way audio)

Is there anything else I can do that would help? Vonage use all sorts of stuff to get their devices working over NAT, so is there anything I'm missing here?

BTW, the phone is a Cisco 7912G with SIP. There is an option for outbound proxy, and one for NAT server with some keepalive parameters.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

In the past month, Microsoft have changed their sp…

Porting NGN Issue...

Hi WelshPaul, thanks for the replies and your ef…

Not at this time no. :dunno: Having just looked…

Hello, I have a Google Voice number as well as …