These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
By GoofyCyborg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IPv5 (Internet Protocol, version 5) was assigned to an experimental protocol called ST (Internet Stream Protocol). ST was first defined in 1979 in IEN 119 (Internet Engineering Note), and was later revised in RFC 1190 (ST2) and RFC 1819 (ST2+). ST was envisioned to be the connection oriented complement to IPv4, but it has never been introduced for public usage. Many of the concepts available in ST can be found today in MPLS.

So now we have IPv6 :)
By Samu Zadori
KenBrace wrote:Ah it appears I had my facts a little off. Would a mod mind changing that to IPv6?

I studied the protocol a little in CCNA training but a pparently I'm starting to forget stuff. :(

So change of question:

When will IPv6 become the standard?
The answer is, when we run out of IPv4 addresses, which should be VERY soon. As you probably know, IPv6 traffic is already growing at an incredible rate; it has increased by 500% over the last 3 years, and it currently accounts for about 6% of Google's global traffic. If I had to guess, I'd say that it will reach 40% by 2018 and 60% by 2020.
By Se7ev
Samu Zadori wrote:The answer is, when we run out of IPv4 addresses, which should be VERY soon. As you probably know, IPv6 traffic is already growing at an incredible rate; it has increased by 500% over the last 3 years, and it currently accounts for about 6% of Google's global traffic. If I had to guess, I'd say that it will reach 40% by 2018 and 60% by 2020.
We DID run out of IPv4 addresses on February 3rd, 2011. That's why IPv6 is in use, all root servers except 2 already use IPv6.
By Bonzer
The need for IPv6 is already felt with each household boasting of 3 to 4 computers, smartphones, printers, scanners, IPTV and so on. However, big corporates are not ready to invest big money for no immediate returns. It takes several decades, in fact, one more century before we finally see the IPv6 fully implemented.

Follow this article to know more.
By nytegeek
Bonzer wrote:The need for IPv6 is already felt with each household boasting of 3 to 4 computers, smartphones, printers, scanners, IPTV and so on. However, big corporates are not ready to invest big money for no immediate returns. It takes several decades, in fact, one more century before we finally see the IPv6 fully implemented.

Follow this article to know more.
I'm sorry but that doesn't seem true at all. We ran out of IPv4 addresses almost 4 years ago. IPv6 addresses are now being adopted at a high rate. The article you linked is already old news in technology terms. Plus the definition of fully implemented being used is questionable.