These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
By Bonzer
kylerlittle wrote:
Bonzer wrote:Both are two different software. Their architecture and design are different. There's no way an anti-virus and a firewall can conflict with each other. An anti-virus keeps malicious software from invading your computer while a firewall is a screen between your computer and the internet. A firewall would only allow programs that you permit to connect to the internet.

Have you ever seen a word processor and a mail client conflicting with each other? This is same as well.
I see. That makes a lot of sense.
Fantastic! You are great at creating humor. Congratulations!
By nytegeek
Yosh wrote:I'd be careful with AVAST. I've had problems with it in the past not detecting multiple issues on a purposely infected testing PC of mine.
Are you serious? No anti-malware solution is 100% effective nor will there ever be one that is. Avast has a decent detection rate when properly configured. It is better to research the actual detection rates and comparisons online. Purposely infecting your own machine to check just seems like rubbish to me.
By pwarbi
I also have to also say that purposely infecting your device is going a bit too far, and something that I wouldn't recommend doing. While I understand that reviews of software might not always be accurate or give you the information you need, I'd still rather take my chance that way.

Most of the software is free anyway so you can pick and choose as many as you want until you find the one that suits you.
By WelshPaul
nytegeek wrote:
Yosh wrote:I'd be careful with AVAST. I've had problems with it in the past not detecting multiple issues on a purposely infected testing PC of mine.
Are you serious? No anti-malware solution is 100% effective nor will there ever be one that is. Avast has a decent detection rate when properly configured. It is better to research the actual detection rates and comparisons online. Purposely infecting your own machine to check just seems like rubbish to me.
I would 100% agree with this. :)

I'm sure most of the viruses and malware out there is actually made by companies who sell us protection! :doubt:
By pwarbi
I've heard that conspiracy theory a few times and if you think about it, it would make a lot of sense. Without the viruses, we wouldn't have a need for the software at the end of the day.

A lot of people say that about the pharmaceutical companies. Are they the ones behind half the illnesses in the world? But that's another matter completely!
By sbatz1972
It is to my understanding the antivirus software of today offers extra protection when it comes to the firewall. Every antivirus software I have tried lately, has worked in this matter and had its own firewall. I do not have to worry about it. Because, I have a double layer of protection.
By lokiebunny
Well, there is no use of installing two Antivirus in one PC they will sure conflict with each others. If you are facing any problem with your firewall, what you can do is disable the default firewall of Windows and activate the Antivirus firewall. You can not activate both firewall at one time like I am using Kaspersky from last 2 years and never enable my Windows firewall Antivirus firewall is good enough to take care of it.
By nytegeek
@lokiebunny Software firewalls work differently and if configured properly you could feasibly use two, but there is no reason to. Now when it comes to a real time antivirus scanner you should not install more than one because it will severely impact the performance of your computer, they may or may not conflict with each other when trying to quarantine or remove a threat.