These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
By Yosh
Hey there everyone. I've never encountered this issue before. I've windows firewall active, along with Steam set as an application which has full access through the firewall. Yesterday my pc crashed, and now all of a sudden, I keep getting notifications from the firewall that tells me that Steam is blocked, or moreso, my voice chat has been blocked. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
By John Donovan
Try opening Control Panel, and then going to Windows Firewall. Check if Steam is blocked or not, and if it is, unblock it. If it is not blocked, try googling for and opening the ports necessary for Steam Voice Chat. If all else fails, you could try the nuclear option: uninstalling Steam. Sure, I think this will delete all your games too, but if you really need to use the voice chat and you cannot, this should work.
By Se7ev
Try opening ports in firewall. I found these ports:
Your network must be configured to allow Steam access to the following ports (in order from highest to lowest priority for QoS users):
Steam Client
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)
UDP 4380

Dedicated or Listen Servers
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat
UDP 3478 (Outbound)
UDP 4379 (Outbound)
UDP 4380 (Outbound)

Additional Ports for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer
UDP 1500 (outbound)
UDP 3005 (outbound)
UDP 3101 (outbound)
UDP 28960