These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
By lokiebunny
Well, which one is the best Antivirus for laptop, I am confusing between McAfee and Kaspersky. Which one would be good for me to use as I have noticed that McAfee takes more RAM as compare to Kaspersky but technically what all are the benefits there by McAfee and Kaspersky I really don't have any idea. If you know about these two Antivirus's please let me know that which one would be good for me?
By nytegeek
The way to choose an antivirus is by it's ability to detect, block and remove threats and to a lesser degree it's impact on system performance. Choosing between two paid products with a laptop being the variable isn't going to help you much. The best way to check is to look up the independent test lab results for the products you are interested in. There are more than a few organizations independent from the antivirus developers that rate and certify the efficacy and performance of antivirus products. AV-test is one of them.
By bluegreen
The past month I had to chose a Free Anti Virus software because I was having some problems with the standard one, that comes with my windows 8 copy. And I searched over the internet for opinions about the best anti virus and stuff like that. And I found this website: http://www.av-comparatives.org/ that does reviews on every anti virus out there. There are a few others of course, nytegeek said another one and there must be several others of course. But I only used this site and I'm satisfied!
By pwarbi
I was going to suggest using a comparison site but a couple of you have already beat me to it.

Aswell as the comparison site though, also look at how you use your computer and think about how much security you really need. A lot of security software can be expensive and if you aren't going to need a lot of the features, then you'll be wasting your money.
By adssolsn
i would like to try an antivirus myself, but i had one that made my laptop very slow; it would hang when booting and whenever i was online. since then i have never used an antivirus, i know its risky but i have learned to live with out. do all antivirus make a computer slow?
By pwarbi
Anti virus software might affect a computer's performance as it's always running in the background. The difference in performance though shouldn't be noticeable though to be honest so I'd think about installing one.

For me it's too risky these days not to have some form of protection online.
By bluegreen
As I said the other day, currently I'm using Avast Free Antivirus, and I didn't have any problems until today. Where after my younger brother used my PC I realised that I had some strange virus that was opening random webpages with lots of publicity related to electronic stuff and clothes stores, dunno why. Then I decided to search for programs installed and I didn't find anything new, all the same as it was before my brother start using the PC. Then I asked my brother if he did something different from what he uses to do, he told me that he installed a old game that we had here at home and the installation procedure was asking him to shut down the Anti Virus. And for some reason, Windows Defender was activated and Avast Free Antivirus was deactivated, so my PC was infected right after Avast was shuted down and WD started working. So you can tell by this story that Avast Free AV is really one of the best, and you can't absolutely trust Windows Defender, for sure!
By vinaya
I have used Panda cloud (free) and Avira (free). These antivirus worked for me for years, I never have had virus related problems. However, one day I switched to Windows 8. During the installation process, I had to uninstall my free antivirus program. Before I could install anti-virus again, my computer was affected. Now I use paid Kaspersky. I think Kaspersky is also good anti virus program.
By bluegreen
vinaya wrote:I have used Panda cloud (free) and Avira (free). These antivirus worked for me for years, I never have had virus related problems. However, one day I switched to Windows 8. During the installation process, I had to uninstall my free antivirus program. Before I could install anti-virus again, my computer was affected. Now I use paid Kaspersky. I think Kaspersky is also good anti virus program.
So, you paid for Kaspersky? I don't think they have a free version, do they? Anyways, Kaspersky is one of the best Paid Anti Virus, if you are unsure in which one to chose I always say Kaspersky, it's been on the industry since long ago and all the people I contact with that bought it and installed it are pretty satisfied!

Here in my country Kaspersky have a lot of commercials streaming on the national TV and electronic stores also promote it a lot... :P
By pwarbi
What you do online, how much you use it and for what reasons will make a difference to what form of protection you need. If all you do is browse social media and check a few emails every now and then, you'd probably be ok to use any of the well known free antivirus software that's around at the moment.

If you use the internet for things such as online banking, shopping sites, or any sites that you have to input personal and financial information on a regular basis, then it might be worth investing in a subscription service, just for your own peace of mind.