These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By talk2me
A firewall is designed to protect your computer from unwanted data and viruses. You know the physical firewall is a set of doors which helps to contain a fire to one area. A computer firewall also works in the same manner.

A firewall is an indispensable part of your PC as it secures your private data and at the same time it blocks external threats. Firewall is a good defense against Internet crimes.
By vinaya
Firewall is a computer security system or network, which can be hardware based or software based. The system blocks unauthorized access into the computer when it is trying to communicate with another program or device. It also minimizes the risk associated with unwanted access to the computer by a system.
By bluegreen
Hello adssolsn,

Nice question you asked here! I had the same question as well ahah since I started using a computer, 8 or 10 years ago, can't remember precisely, I head about Firewall a lot of times. But I've never asked what it really is a Firewall. All I did was deactivating and activating it when it was required! I thought it was like an Anti Virus, but with less power of protection, something that comes by standard in every machine! But now I'm glad to know that it's something that protects form unauthorized access!

Can we buy Firewall systems like we buy Anti Virus?

In the past month, Microsoft have changed their sp…

Porting NGN Issue...

Hi WelshPaul, thanks for the replies and your ef…

Not at this time no. :dunno: Having just looked…

Hello, I have a Google Voice number as well as …