These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.
By vinaya
I have never used Avast antivirus,either for phone or for computer. I have experience of using AVG (both on computer and one phone), while the computer version (the free one) seems to work, where as the phone version never warned of any virus or unwanted programs, which I summarized that it was not working. Currently, I am using Mobile Security and Antivirus and it seems to work.
By bluegreen
AVG Antivirus is certainly one of the best I used. In fact currently I'm using AVG free versions in all of my devices (Personal Computer, tablet and mobile phone). I've never had a complaint to do about this software and I'm very satisfied. Of course that there are other similar Antivirus with the same performance and from well known companies!

Just search the web fo rating and reviews and find the one you like most! AVG is one of them, and it's just my personal preference. Of course that there are people that don't like AVG because they use other software like Kaspersky since ever and don't want to change! :P
By npnemanja
Yes, it does. There is so much potentially dangerous apps and websites out there. Without an antivurs your phone would be most certainly in danger.

The one that works the best for me is Avast. I've been using it for quite a while and never had any problems. It's so easy to use, and most importantly it works very well. It completely kills all the threats and of course always warns you when you are browsing a suspicious website (like a computer version). Huge recommendation

Other than Avast, I have tryed out AVG, which is also a fine choice.
By waqsi
Hi Vinaya, I had an antivirus app called 360 security installed on my phone in the past and I used to clear the junk files and scanning frequently using that app. To be honest, I did not see any major difference while using the app. I decides to uninstall the app and see if there was any difference in my phone's performance. Even after uninstalling the app, my phone was working the same so I think these kind of apps are not of much use.
Correct me if I'm wrong and if anyone has a good working free antivirus on their phone, please share it here. :)
By talk2me
No OS is complete safe. Anything that can be accessed can be infected too. It all depends on how you use your mobile phone. But in the present scenario an antivirus is a must for a phone, at least a free version. If your usage is limited, a free version is ideal to choose.

I still remember once my old Nokia (symbian OS) set was infected by a weird virus. It started sending vulgar SMSs to all people in my contact list. It was really an awkward situation. Finally I downloaded an antivirus called F-Secure which could locate two viruses and eliminated them. So, I think an antivirus is really important.
By bluegreen
vinaya wrote:I have used Avira and Kaspersky free as well as paid version for my laptop. My experience with these programs have always been a pleasure. Are these antivirus also available for hand held devices? If yes, do they have iOS as well as Andriod versions.
Hello vinaya!
I am not sure but I think that every Anti Virus (well, not every, but the most known ones) that is compatible with Android has as well a version for iOS! But I don't think that it's really necessary to use Anti Virus on iOS systems, I heard that they are already secure enough and hard to infect, Apple gives lot of protection and support related to hacking, malware and virus!
By nytegeek
talk2me wrote:No OS is complete safe. Anything that can be accessed can be infected too. It all depends on how you use your mobile phone. But in the present scenario an antivirus is a must for a phone, at least a free version. If your usage is limited, a free version is ideal to choose.

I still remember once my old Nokia (symbian OS) set was infected by a weird virus. It started sending vulgar SMSs to all people in my contact list. It was really an awkward situation. Finally I downloaded an antivirus called F-Secure which could locate two viruses and eliminated them. So, I think an antivirus is really important.
It certainly is not a must and claiming that it is a must for any operating system other than Windows shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the Unix like operating systems used on smartphones function. Yes, there is malware for mobile devices. No, it is not as prevalent as malware for computers running Windows nor is it as easy to become infected. Sandboxing of applications and user permissions needed to access system files greatly impede malware on these devices. Unlike Microsoft Windows on a computer, being careful and using some common sense will do the trick when it comes to most mobile devices. Of course anything connected is at risk of exploit, but don't exaggerate the situation.
By billybob
The Police Virus strikes again! Android systems attacked!

http://www.pandasecurity.com/mediacente ... id-system/

New Android Malware Strikes At Millions Of Smartphones

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/ ... s-deleted/

'Stagefright' Android bug is the 'worst ever discovered'

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... ndroid-bug

Best not to be too complacent :cry: