These can be a real hurdle when setting up VoIP, help others by posting your configs, tips and tricks or simply ask others for help if you're stuck.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By rogerdunn56
Hi All,
An issue we are facing with our new VOIP environment - we use a cloud-hosted VoIP solution and Yealink T23 handsets behind SonicWALL NSA2600 firewalls. SonicWALL certified engineer has confirmed the correct ports for UDP and RTP are open and working.
Whilst we have sufficient bandwidth band and experience no packet loss/jitter we have issues where a handset will randomly disconnect after anything from 2 or 3 to in excess of 15-20 minute calls. Seems to occur with greater frequency on conference calls.
Normally a user will only notice when a call disconnects but we have noticed this happens even when the handset is not in use. Handsets are a mix of DHCP and static IP - both suffer from this issue.
Any help here as I'm starting to lose the will to live with this...

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Hi, a few questions...

Who is the VoIP provider?

Are the phones all running the same firmware version and if so which version?

What ports has the SonicWALL guy actually opened?

Just to confirm... From what I read above the phones are actually losing registration and not simply dropping calls/audio. Correct?

Don't want to jump the gun here but it's likely to be the SonicWALL firewall. Have you checked your TCP/UDP timeouts?
By rogerdunn56
Thanks for getting back to me:
Its a Daisy Communications HVX solution
All phones are running 44.80.193.15
As per SonicWALL/Daisy recommendations we have opened UDP ports 5060-5080, RTP and HTTP - in fact we have opened a large number of ports to their IP including:
UDP 16384 to 16482
20000 to 40000
and all SIp and H323 ports
The handsets appear to lose registration for several seconds - if a user attempts to make a call during this time it responds with "invalid URI"
TCP and UDP timeouts are set to 3600 seconds but calls can drop at anywhere from 5-15 minutes. I have experienced several dropouts but equally have made several calls lasting in excess of 1 hour
By WelshPaul
Open RTP ports 10000-20000

Have you tried using a softphone on the network? This would help rule out the Yealink telephones once and for all. I did a search on google and surprisingly there are a lot of results regarding similar issues with VoIP and SonicWALL.
By rogerdunn56
It's totally random and a user that has a problem today might not have one for a week or two - getting them to use a softphone is difficult :)
We have moved some users in one of our office to a different firewall/router and the problem seems to have disappeared. Unfortunately that connection will not support a large number of users so am looking at getting rid of the Sonicwalls and replacing them with Juniper or Fortinet devices
Roger
WelshPaul liked this

Advertisement

By Sponsor

In the past month, Microsoft have changed their sp…

Porting NGN Issue...

Hi WelshPaul, thanks for the replies and your ef…

Not at this time no. :dunno: Having just looked…

Hello, I have a Google Voice number as well as …