Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By alex01
Hi,

I have configured follow me in pbx and got it working correctly but would like to forward the caller id of the original caller to my cell. at present it shows the number of the trunk used for outbound route, thought it shows the original caller id under outbound caller id in cdr report. this last bit is making me question that i understand the workings of what the cause is.

Has anyone got any experience with this? I have done a lot of reading about this but still not sure what i am doing wrong.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
alex01 wrote: Sat 17th February 2018, 14:38 would like to forward the caller id of the original caller to my cell.
This has come up in a previous post and the answer is that you can't! :-/

There are two separate calls going on here:
  1. The caller is calling in to your PBX
  2. Your PBX is calling your cellphone
Your cellphone is receiving the caller ID of the trunk used to forward the call because the trunk is the one calling the cellphone, not the original caller.
By WelshPaul
Sorry for the late replay, been ill with the flu :frozen:

To date, I haven't found a trunk provider that allows this. It's been a long time since I looked into this but as far as I am aware it isn't possible because no trunk/sip providers allow you to control caller ID. I for one think thats a good thing though!

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Hi everyone Wondering if anyone knows of a VoIP c…

How can i google receive?

Hello, hi from Turkey. I need to receive google ac…

Vonage Fined £24.5K by Ofcom

An investigation into the availability of Vonage&l…

SIP ALG problem Linksys Router

Linksys Router SIP ALG Problem. Hello, I have Pow…