Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Fed up with paying a monthly fee for extensions, call barring, call queue, IVR and other such PBX features? Me too!

It can get expensive pretty darn quick using cloud-based PBX systems, but did you know that you can save money by having your own PBX telephone system? Yes, really! And how do I do that, I hear you ask… You hire someone like me to install, secure and configure it for you!

What Is FreePBX?
FreePBX is a revolutionary all-in-one IP PBX that is distributed free of charge to users all over the world. It is based on the open-source Asterisk PBX core and delivers all of the features you would expect to see in an Enterprise-grade PBX. For the SOHO and SMB business, FreePBX provides an extremely cost effective, yet robust solution that can be sized to fit any budget while still providing features that make your business appear to be more together and professional. For medium to large businesses, FreePBX can be designed to provide the features, scalability, flexibility, and price that make it a smart IT decision that will last for years to come. It can be run as a premise-based solution or in the cloud, single or multi-site, and can be configured for HA (High Availability) to ensure that no downtime is experienced.

Why use FreePBX?
  1. Reliable and secure – FreePBX is maintained by Sangoma’s Quality Assurance and development infrastructure, which means it goes through in-house testing prior to getting released to the general public. Integrated security update notifications help you stay protected against new threats.
  2. Flexible and scalable – FreePBX is compatible with the majority of the commercially available virtual machine and hardware and since FreePBX is so widely employed on an international level, it is compatible with more than 200 endpoints. This means you can trust FreePBX with any IP phone, conference solution or doorbell system you already have.
  3. Impressive feature add-ons – FreePBX allows you to add popular features such as high availability, call-center packages, IP phones, and much more, by simply logging in the store and opting for the item. Most come with a 25-year license, which means your features are certain to work with you as you expand.
  4. Fully featured WebGUI – The fully featured web GUI makes it way simpler to utilize features, such as extension creation, IVRs, restore and backup, user permissions, calendar integration, time conditions, and firewall. Updates are also carried out directly from the web GUI.
  5. International Language Support – As the most well-known open-source IP-PBX in the world, FreePBX enables users to choose local language support for end-point devices, on the basis of each user. This means that you can maintain your phone system even when users are in different parts of the globe.
  6. No license limitations - FreePBX comes with zero restrictions on integrated features to the number of extensions, users, queues and IVRs you wish to create, with zero strings attached.
I can install, secure and configure FreePBX on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) of your choice for a small one off fee.

Why Choose Me?
I'm an expert in FreePBX design, configuration, troubleshooting, and support. Whether you need a brand new installation, maintenance on an existing server, or just some best practice guidance and consultation, I have you covered.

FreePBX Services Include:
  • Installation of Debian 10
  • Installation of Apache
  • Installation of MariaDB
  • Installation of PHP 7.3
  • Installation of FreePBX v15
  • Installation of Asterisk v16
  • Installation of Firewall/Fail2Ban
  • Installation of SOX, MPG123, FFMPEG and LAME
  • Log File Rotation Configuration
  • Extensions/agents Configuration
  • Basic IVR Configuration
  • Voicemail Configuration
  • Ring Groups Configuration
  • Inbound Lines Configuration
  • Outbound Calls Configuration
  • SIP Trunk Configuration
If you have any queries or want to hire me, please do get in touch.
Notice: I do not provide Hosting or SIP Trunk(s)! You need to have these before I can proceed with installation.

Hosting Recommendations
Choosing the right web host provider seems like a daunting task with so many technical terms to grasp and hundreds of suitors to choose from. Both DigitalOcean and Vultr offer virtual Private Servers in various regions including the UK (always choose the closet one to you) and if you sign up using the links below you get some free credit too! SIP Trunk Provider Recommendations
If you don't already have one, the following ITSP's can be configured to work as a FreePBX trunk. You just pay for any calls that you make!
Attachments:
FreePBX
FreePBX
FreePBX.png (64.87 KiB) Viewed 60477 times
FreePBX Dashboard
FreePBX Dashboard
FreePBX-Dashboard.png (87.31 KiB) Viewed 60477 times
FreePBX Extensions
FreePBX Extensions
FreePBX-Extensions.png (86.11 KiB) Viewed 60477 times
By VoipIT
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
@WelshPaul I run a small business and we use Voicehost for our telecommunication needs. Nothing big, our setup is as follows:-

6x Extensions (£6.00 per month - Each)
2x Ring Groups (Free)
1x Call Queue (£6.00 per month)
1x Local Landline Number (£2.00 per month)

This costs us £44.00 per month (inclusive of VAT) and although we have had no issues with their service, we are always looking at ways to cut our monthly outgoing. :nerd:

I have a few questions...
  1. How much would it cost per month to run our own PBX?
  2. What savings would we see on our current Voicehost bill?
  3. Do you have a demo server I can take a look at?
I also have concerns about reliability and security, but we can discuss this in greater detail over the phone at a later date once I know more.
By WelshPaul
Hi @VoipIT, I will try to keep my reply short and to the point...

You currently pay £528 a year for your phone service. I can cut that to £68.88 a year!
VoipIT wrote:How much would it cost per month to run our own PBX?
With a domain name £4.21 a month, without a domain name £3.74 per month.

VoipIT wrote:What savings would we see on our current Voicehost bill?
Your Voicehost monthly bill will drop from £44.00 per month to just £2.00 per month.

VoipIT wrote:Do you have a demo server I can take a look at?
I do - Link and login credentials have been sent via private message.

VoipIT wrote: I also have concerns about reliability and security, but we can discuss this in greater detail over the phone at a later date once I know more.
I look forward to your call. :thumbsup:
By Silent Bill
Posts Avatar
Hi Paul

I am looking at setting up a charity to try set up a free telephone box for the homeless to use, so unlimited UK calling. Id like a number also they could call with a menu system (Press 2 for DWP, 3 for samaritans, etc) maybe a voice mail system for them to receive messages left by doctors or service providers.

Any chance I could have a discussion with you about the cost please, Ive looked around on the net and it definitely looks like you are the man to make this happen.

Thanks

Bill
By WelshPaul
Hi Bill,

I can definitely advise and help set this up for you but before we go any further is this a registered charity? The reason I ask, some VoIP providers such as Voipfone wave the monthly charge for the majority of their services eg telephone and fax numbers, PBX Extensions, Call Queues, Voice Response Systems, Call Barring and Web Call back tools etc.

https://www.voipfone.co.uk/charities.php

I see little benefit to running and maintaining your own PBX if you can get free access to a professional cloud based PBX direct from your VoIP provider.

If you would prefer to discuss this further in private, drop me an email:
info@ukvoipforums.com
By VoipIT
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Hi @WelshPaul

Thank you for providing us with access to the demo server.

I tried calling you this afternoon, but you were busy on another call, so I left a voicemail.
We want to go ahead and have you setup the server for us, I'd appreciate a call back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks
By WelshPaul
VoipIT wrote:Hi I'd appreciate a call back at your earliest convenience.
Done diddly done! 😄
By m3zercat
Posts Avatar
Hi,

I'm interested in your advice and or services to help me set up and configure a small raspbx setup for my parents/grandparents who are unable to get a conventional landline. Would you be available to discuss such on a weekend or evening (after 5pm) as I am not typically able to make/take calls during working hours? If so what times might suit you?

Thanks

Voipfone announced earlier this evening (via their soci…

I did enable syslog to see if it was running anything p…

Hi I have purchased the grandstream HT812 im sure it …

Smartwatch question? (Non Apple)

I own the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Galaxy watch 4 Classic…