Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
By alex01
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
i have had a freepbx server running on virgin broadband for several years without problems. it has 2 extensions with a handful of sipgate trunks, only receiving inbound calls.

i have just had broadband from nowtv installed and want to use the server on that broadband service when my virgin contract ends.

Both routers have the same default gateway address of 192.168.0.1. i have tried to plug the network cable from my server into the nowtv router, but i get several problems including: problems connecting to the admin page, updating modules and when i click detect network settings (in sip settings) it times out. when i plug the cable back into the virgin router, everything works normally again.

i was hoping that i could get some advice on what i should do to make it work on the new broadband service.

thanks
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
I'm not familiar with NOWTV's broadband service. What make and model router have they supplied you with?
Try disabling SIP ALG on the NOW TV router and see if that helps (usually does).
alex01 liked this
By alex01
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
WelshPaul wrote: Tue 22nd Feb 2022, 10:03 I'm not familiar with NOWTV's broadband service. What make and model router have they supplied you with?
Try disabling SIP ALG on the NOW TV router and see if that helps (usually does).
Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. the router is supplied by sky but doesn't have that setting, i don't think it's needed.

i think i've answered my own question.

I thought it was just a matter of plugging the cable from one router to the other - not the case. i had to set the network on the server via system admin first from fixed to dhcp, reboot the server, plug in the cable and find the ip via router client list; everything seemed to work ok except for the fact that the ip was not static. i then went back into the network settings and changed to fixed ip giving it the same ip as before. so far so good. the last thing i wanted to do was start from scratch.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Ah, you had the server configured with a static IP address.
Saying that, as long as the NOWTV router is using the same IP range and subnet then it should just work. However, it's possible the router assigned the IP address to another device and so a problem ensued. I almost always leave it set as DHCP and assign the server/device an IP via the router to prevent such issues.

My HT801 was configured for another UK provider. I rea…

Sip to PSTN lines gateway

Hi All I am looking for a gateway that will allow a le…

Hi all! We have Cisco 7941 phones that we are battlein…

TalkTalk -residential VOIP

Do not touch it. No incomming caller ID no call rou…