Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
By SubZ87
Hey guys....

I'd like to try setting up Asterisk on a Raspberry Pi as an Automated Attendant to screen and log calls for me.
I found your reference Paul, thanks; RasPBX Setup and Configurational Notes
I also found a blog post at https://www.wrbishop.com/telecom/end-ro ... -asterisk/.
In the above blog it recommends using an OBi110, which to me seems fit for the job. However, can you think of any reason why I should rather get an OBi202 with FXO to USB Phone Line Adapter? If I don't need it then the OBi110 solution is cheaper.

The OBi FAQ had a helpful post; What is the difference between the OBi202, OBi100, and OBi110?
By WelshPaul
Good Morning,

I have been running RasPBX myself now for several months, works very well. I just replaced my Raspberry PI B board for the B+ model as it is 30% more energy efficient! :D Can be a real money saver! :clap:

I was paying £9.60 a month to Voipfone for three extensions, one UK geographical number and call barring. Between my OBi202 and RasPBX I now pay just £2.40 a month. :thumbsup:

Anyway... Nothing wrong with the 1xx series ATA's, if it does everything you require then why spend any more right? I will say this though, there hasn't been any firmware updates on the 1xx series for a while now! So no new features are likely to be added, there are no known bugs in the latest firmware as far as I know so it should be rock solid stability wise.

The 2xx series as you know does cost more but... you can however do more with it configuration wise. What you need to find out is will you want or need these extra configurations. Even the simple things like being able to adjust the length of time the device pauses before dialling a number not matched to any dialplan string is handy! The default is 10 seconds which can feel like forever when waiting for a call to connect.

If it was me and I had the extra cash available then I would definitely pay the extra and go for the OBi200 with OBiLINE, it's going to be supported for longer; the 1xx series is a few years old now.
By SubZ87
WelshPaul wrote:If it was me and I had the extra cash available then I would definitely pay the extra and go for the OBi200 with OBiLINE, it's going to be supported for longer; the 1xx series is a few years old now.
What you've said makes sense, the OBi200 with OBiLINE would seem like a better solution for future development and tinkering.
Do you know anywhere that does the combo for less than £58.00 (incl VAT + P&P)
WelshPaul wrote:I just replaced my Raspberry PI B board for the B+ model as it is 30% more energy efficient! :D
I didn't know there was such a difference :?
By WelshPaul
SubZ87 wrote:What you've said makes sense, the OBi200 with OBiLINE would seem like a better solution for future development and tinkering.
Do you know anywhere that does the combo for less than £58.00 (incl VAT + P&P)
The only place to date to purchase the OBIHAI stuff at present here in the UK is amazon.co.uk, not seen anything come up on ebay.co.uk so I guess that's a good thing as it shows people are holding on to their purchases (OBIHAI stuff must be good) but a bad thing if you want to buy one at a cheaper price.
SubZ87 wrote:I didn't know there was such a difference :?
Check out the small video below, Raspberry Pi Founder, Eben Upton, talks the latest Raspberry Pi Model B+

By SubZ87
WelshPaul wrote:The only place to date to purchase the OBIHAI stuff at present here in the UK is amazon.co.uk, not seen anything come up on ebay.co.uk so I guess that's a good thing as it shows people are holding on to their purchases (OBIHAI stuff must be good) but a bad thing if you want to buy one at a cheaper price.
Thanks for the confirmation. The prices on Amazon are ok, I wondered if there was anywhere else to "shop-a-round".
WelshPaul wrote:Check out the small video below, Raspberry Pi Founder, Eben Upton, talks the latest Raspberry Pi Model B+
More efficiency is better all-round. :thumbsup:
By WelshPaul
SubZ87 wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. The prices on Amazon are ok, I wondered if there was anywhere else to "shop-a-round".
I have dropped you a pm. :thumbsup:
By GoofyCyborg
Johnderman wrote:Thanks for the extra tip on the B+ model, I wasn't aware of that!
There has been a new Raspberry PI released since this thread was created called the Rapberry PI 2. :)

It has a gigabyte of RAM and a Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor running at 900MHz.

OK thanks, what VPN are you using ??

A good write up on SIP ALG: https://www.voicehost…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…