Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
By Nontalk
hi there

has any one used voipfone as a "trunk" provider, rather than the vpbx solution?

i am going to suggest the avaya quick edition solution for a small business user, but need to know how DDI's will work

one method would be to purchase extensions, create a vpbx and then map these extension to actual phone extensions in the Avaya system, but this seems a little long winded.

if i purchased a bunch of ddi's in one account, with no extensions, do voipfone send the DDI number across? is there any special type of signalling i need to make sure the Avaya system can understand to ensure it will route the inbound call to the right extension?

any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks
By WelshPaul
Nontalk wrote:one method would be to purchase extensions, create a vpbx and then map these extension to actual phone extensions in the Avaya system, but this seems a little long winded.
This is the best way to do it.
Nontalk wrote:if i purchased a bunch of ddi's in one account, with no extensions, do voipfone send the DDI number across?
The system does not send over the DDI number, you'd have to go for the extensions as above. Another method, if you had just one extension you could activate voipfone's 'line presentation' feature, so the dialed number is sent on the same 'trunk' on your system, you can then route via CLI - this does mean you don't see the callers number though.