Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
By mpmc
Hey everyone,

I'm currently using an RPi B 256M running raspbx & an OBi110. Whilst it's running perfectly fine the way I have it setup I feel that it could be better.

I currently have the Obi setup as follows:

SP1 Goes out to the line, Asterisk is setup to see this as a trunk with the following settings.
Code: Select all
username=pstn
secret=REMOVED
host=dynamic
type=friend
context=from-trunk
qualify=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=alaw
SP2 is then registered with asterisk as an extension (for the phone) & the phone port is set to SP2 as primary line.
So at present a call goes like this.. Phone (SP2 attached to the obi) -> Obi -> Asterisk -> Obi again -> SP1.

There has to be a better way than this!

There is a slight delay with calls going through too & I'm trying to work out whether it's the Slow Pi or the Obi or it's due to it looping so much.

The phones call return digitmap is
{(<#:>|999|112|17070|150):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{sp2}
Outbound call route is:
{999|112|101|111|116000|116111|116123|100|155|195:li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
the digitmap is:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|101|111|116000|116111|116123|1471|1571|100|155|195|**0|***|##|**8(Mli)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
Any advise or recommended changes would be gratefully received :)

On an unrelated note: BT seem to have done something to our line & it sounds a lot clearer than it did previously which caused issues for the Obi [see my previous threads]. G.INP maybe?
By WelshPaul
I have the the Raspberry PI 2 B, it makes a big difference speed wise compared to the Raspberry PI B and B+ I used previously. The B and B+ models both had 512MB ram, the PI 2 B has a whopping 1GB ram...

Never having used the the original PI myself I can only imagine how slow that must be compared to the models I have used above. Let me start off by saying that I myself would have configured and setup in much the same way as yourself, is there a better way? hmmmm good question!

What length of delay are you getting?
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:I have the the Raspberry PI 2 B, it makes a big difference speed wise compared to the Raspberry PI B and B+ I used previously. The B and B+ models both had 512MB ram, the PI 2 B has a whopping 1GB ram...

Never having used the the original PI myself I can only imagine how slow that must be compared to the models I have used above. Let me start off by saying that I myself would have configured and setup in much the same way as yourself, is there a better way? hmmmm good question!

What length of delay are you getting?
I also have a Pi 2 but I'm currently using that as a Tvheadend server (I have a range of Pi's - 7 in total) it is a much faster system compared to the original. I suppose I could switch them over but is it worth the effort.

The delay I'm seeing can vary, it can take anywhere between 1-3 seconds to connect a call. It only seems to affect the phone connected to the Obi. Softphone calls (MicroSIP lite, awesome software) are almost instant. So I think I've screwed up somewhere on the Obi side.

I'm also wondering what compression is better a-law, u-law or something else as at present I'm getting some clipping/garbling of the audio on occasion, usually when there is background noise.

Time to do more testing I think.
By WelshPaul
mpmc wrote:I also have a Pi 2 but I'm currently using that as a Tvheadend server (I have a range of Pi's - 7 in total) it is a much faster system compared to the original. I suppose I could switch them over but is it worth the effort.
Take you all of ten minutes to find out providing you don't run into any unknown issues. Backup your raspbx image, run rip-update and once complete pop it into the PI 2 and everything should boot just fine. You may need to configure ethernet/wifi to get that side of things working as the PI 2's network card will be listed as eth1, finally install any further updates.

If you want to to revert, just format the raspbx SD card and restore the backup you made earlier. Now pop the SD card back in the original PI.
mpmc wrote:The delay I'm seeing can vary, it can take anywhere between 1-3 seconds to connect a call. It only seems to affect the phone connected to the Obi. Softphone calls (MicroSIP lite, awesome software) are almost instant. So I think I've screwed up somewhere on the Obi side.
This would appear to point towards the Obi as being the issue, maybe the Obi's hardware isn't up to the job. I can when I get the time replicate your setup and see if I get the same issue.
mpmc wrote:I'm also wondering what compression is better a-law, u-law or something else as at present I'm getting some clipping/garbling of the audio on occasion, usually when there is background noise.
a-law is the UK/European standard, u-law is the american standard. You want to use a-law. Voipfone for example removed u-law support and only support a-law.

No problem, happy to hear that everything has been…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…