Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
By alex01
Hi,

I've been using raspbx for some time now but have not been able to get music on hold to work correctly. i know that music on hold works because when i use my Draytek 2910vg, it works perfectly.
I've posted about this on raspbx and freepbx.org forums but have not had resolution.

my setup is raspi 2 running FPBX-2.11.0(11.17.0).

thanks in advance.
By WelshPaul
Running RasPBX here, FreePBX 2.11.0.43 / Asterisk Ver. 11.17.0

Music on hold is working a treat although I do recall having issues with it at first.

When you say it doesn't work correctly, what do you mean? Does it work at all? Can you post a link to your past threads.

Be aware that if you're uploading music files you originally purchased from the likes of iTunes then these won't work, you have to remove the copyright protection from the files first.
By alex01
Hi WelshPaul,

This is the link on Raspbx forum: https://sourceforge.net/p/raspbx/discus ... it=25#ea69

I have not uploaded my own music, just default category is loaded which works fine when draytek is used. when I try to put a call on hold with sipura nothing happens. I can't find the post on freepbx.org because I forgot my password and recreated a new account, but someone said it could be codecs which I tried changing without luck; must say I was worried that with my limited knowledge I may stop other parts od system working when making changes with codecs.

I purchased new phones without success and as it works with another adaptor device, believe it's either a setting on sipura or freepbx.
By WelshPaul
Is the call actually being placed on hold?

The reason why I ask is usually you cannot even place a call on hold by pressing r as the default Linksys settings are not compatible with UK telephones. (I am assuming your in the UK)

You can find the correct settings here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=146

Once you have made the changes, if it still doesn't work we can check out what codecs your setup is using.

OK thanks, what VPN are you using ??

A good write up on SIP ALG: https://www.voicehost…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…