Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
By 18days
I'm trying to resurrect my pi & raspbx. It used to work, but i forgot the password so formatted the sd card and reloaded it with the latest and greatest version of freepbx 12.0.38.

A few questions that i always have always wanted to know is can i just enter the the config via ssh / command line or do i need to use the web gui.

The reason i ask is, i could just go to an itsp help guide and follow their asterisk guides, rather than trying to enter it via the web gui.

Last year i had it all working, but with a few niggles. I currently cannot get an extension to connect to a hard or soft phone.

Sip Peers:
Online: 0
Online-Unmonitored: 1
Offline: 4
Offline-Unmonitored: 1

I think one of my main problems may be that i use sipgate for incoming calls and localphone for outgoing.

I think my problem is with my outbound/inbound routes.

back in a while, i need to make the gravy for the roast.
By alex01
Not a great expert myself but I use a programme called putty for command line stuff. you have to know the ip address which I obtain by logging into my router and looking for attached devices where the ip of the raspi is shown. I believe you have to go into gui, module admin and install java ssh.
hope this helps
By WelshPaul
18days wrote:I'm trying to resurrect my pi & raspbx. It used to work, but i forgot the password so formatted the sd card and reloaded it with the latest and greatest version of freepbx 12.0.38.
Sometimes the latest isn't always the greatest. :P
18days wrote:A few questions that i always have always wanted to know is can i just enter the the config via ssh / command line or do i need to use the web gui.

The reason i ask is, i could just go to an itsp help guide and follow their asterisk guides, rather than trying to enter it via the web gui.
It is recommended to use the FreePBX GUI but as it's a new setup why not just give it a try. You could always remove the FreePBX side of things completely from your PI and use Asterisk if you prefer.

yum remove freepbx

Or on the PI

sudo apt-get --purge remove freepbx
18days wrote:Last year i had it all working, but with a few niggles. I currently cannot get an extension to connect to a hard or soft phone.

Sip Peers:
Online: 0
Online-Unmonitored: 1
Offline: 4
Offline-Unmonitored: 1

I think one of my main problems may be that i use sipgate for incoming calls and localphone for outgoing.

I think my problem is with my outbound/inbound routes.

back in a while, i need to make the gravy for the roast.
The first thing you should concentrate on is getting a softfone/IP Phone to register against your PBX.

Click on Applications > Extensions and make sure "Generic SIP Device" is selected in the drop down box and then click on submit...

In the "User Extension" field enter "200" (this is the extension number we are going to setup) then under "Display Name" enter "Extension 200", you can leave everything else at it's default settings. On your Softphone or IP Phone all you need to do is enter the following:

Proxy: IP address of your RasPBX
USERID: 200
Password: This is located in the "secret" field of the extension you just setup.

Providing your PI and Softphone/IP Phone are on the same network, it should successfully register. If not, check that your firewall isn't blocking your softphone from registering.

Still not registering? Go to Settings > Asterisk SIP Settings on your RasPBX and set the following:

NAT: Yes
External IP: Enter your ISP IP address here. Google what's my IP to find it!
Local Networks: Just click on Auto Configure

Now save the changes.

Post back and let me know if you can get your Softphone or IP Phone to register.