Get help with installing, upgrading and running a PBX such as Asterisk.
100 %
By newvoipuser
I have a unifi UVO voip phone, a DID, a SIP number and password, and I installed incrediblePBX on a raspberry pie. I got the install done, but that is about all. Changed the passwords. Then I am meant to sign into a browser, but I am not allowed to sign in, I don;t know what user name to use.

Can anyone suggest an easier program a beginner could use. I just want to setup one voip phone as a home phone, have spent hundreds of dollars, and nothing works for me. I am not an IT engineer, and to install software I need step by step instructions. If one step is left out then I fail. IncrediblePBX told me how to install it, but it failed to tell me my username, and their forum will not allow me to join it, the emails never arrive so I can't complete the registration process.

Any help will be appreciated. I just want a PBX that a computer user can install and setup, not an engineer level only program.
By WelshPaul
If all you want is is to setup one VoIP phone as a home phone why are you trying to setup your own PBX?

All you need is a VoIP phone, Internet connection and an account with a VoIP provider of your choice. Almost all offer a Hosted Virtual PBX service or allow the registration of a single VoIP device at no additional cost.

Setting up and running your own PBX is dangerous if you don't know what your doing. It won't take long for someone to hack it! And when they do, and they will, it could cost you thousands...

What VoIP provider are you using?
By newvoipuser
I have a DID logic account, and I thought I could get away without a PBX, but Unufi support told me yesterday that I MUST use a PBX to get their UVP to work.

The Didlogic setup section seems to have instructions for a SIP phone setup direct, but I an so new to all this, and everyone tells me something different, so I am now just confused.

Can I setup the Unifi UVP (voip phone ) with a Didlogic account without a PBX, if so I will be very happy!
By WelshPaul
newvoipuser wrote:I have a DID logic account, and I thought I could get away without a PBX, but Unufi support told me yesterday that I MUST use a PBX to get their UVP to work.

The Didlogic setup section seems to have instructions for a SIP phone setup direct, but I an so new to all this, and everyone tells me something different, so I am now just confused.

Can I setup the Unifi UVP (voip phone ) with a Didlogic account without a PBX, if so I will be very happy!
You can indeed setup your Unifi UVP (voip phone ) with a Didlogic account directly. No need to setup your own PBX at all...

You need three things from Didlogic:

1. Their sip proxy server address. I think it's: sip.didlogic.net
2. Your didlogic UserID
3. your didlogic Password

Just enter these into your Unifi UVP phone and you should be good to go.

On your phone's display select the phone application and click on SIP Accounts > Add Accounts. Now set the server as: sip.didlogic.net and then enter your Didlogic UserID in the 'User name' field, finally enter your Didlogic password in the 'Password' field. Your phone should now register with Didlogic. (May require a reboot)
By newvoipuser
Thanks so much for the reply and the useful support.

I am confused about the Didlogic server address.... a Hong Kong business, some of their language is difficult for me to understand. Is the address of their Australian server (sip.au.didlogic.net) the address I should use, or should I use their main address (sip.didlogic.net or didlogic.net). I know my DID number, and I know my SIP username (5 digit number) and I know my SIP password, just the address is confusing to me (trained in mechanical engineering, not computer engineering).

When I tried to set it up without a PBX the UVP said it was connected and receiving calls, but I could not call my phone, and I could not call out on my phone. That was with sip.didlogic.net as the address in the phone.
By newvoipuser
When I tried to set it up without a PBX the UVP said it was connected and receiving calls, but I could not call my phone, and I could not call out on my phone. That was with sip.au.didlogic.net as the address in the phone. EDIT: wrong address last time.
By WelshPaul
Can I confirm that your account was setup with https://didlogic.com/

If so then you according to their support documentation you should be using sip.didlogic.net as the proxy/server address.

If your unable to make outbound or receive inbound calls after setting up your phone then this is likely a firewall issue or Didlogic account related.

It does state the following when viewing their PAP2T guide:
If you wish to receive calls on your Sipura/Linksys device, setup your DID to ring to “DID Logic SIP”. Important: uncheck the "Send didinfo" option in your didlogic.com account first.
This might be the reason why your unable to receive calls via your DID number on your Unify phone when registering directly to the sip.didlogic.net proxy along with your SIP username (5 digit number) and SIP password.

So setup your phone using the sip.didlogic.net proxy along with your SIP username (5 digit number) and SIP password and post back if your still having issues making or receiving calls. :)
By newvoipuser
OK, using didlogic.com address now. Send didinfo" option in my didlogic.com account is NOT TICKED. But the "setup your DID to ring to “DID Logic SIP”"..... I do not see that option anywhere. Like I said earlier, their language, translated words, are uncomfortable and confusing. How can I setup my DID to ring to DIDLOGIC.SIP when I can't find such an option.

Phone not calling out or in still.
By newvoipuser
OK, using didlogic.com address now. Send didinfo" option in my didlogic.com account is NOT TICKED. But the "setup your DID to ring to “DID Logic SIP”"..... I do not see that option anywhere. Like I said earlier, their language, translated words, are uncomfortable and confusing. How can I setup my DID to ring to DIDLOGIC.SIP when I can't find such an option.

Phone not calling out or in still.
By WelshPaul
newvoipuser wrote:My DID can forward to SIP Device, Phone, SIP URI, Skype. those are the only options.
Select SIP Device.

On your Unifi UVP phone try adding your SIP username (5 digit number) in the 'Authentication name' field too.

No problem, happy to hear that everything has been…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…