By WelshPaul
You will need to be logged in as the Administrator in order to proceed to change the Username and Password.
Need help logging in to your SPA112? See here.

Changing the Administrator Username and Password
For security purposes, it is always advised to change the Administrator password to a "strong" password and not to use the defaults. This rule really applies to anything and everything on your local network (and everywhere else you login to for that matter).
  • Navigate to the Administration menu and select the left-panel menu option: User List.
  • In the User List window, click on the Admin Edit icon.
SPA112_User_List.jpg
Cisco SPA112 User List Page
At this point, you have the option to just change the Admin password or to change both the Administrator Username and Password. In the following example, I have opted to change both:
SPA112_Edit_Admin_PW.jpg
Cisco SPA112 Edit Username / Password
Once the new Administrator credentials have been changed and submitted, you will immediately be logged-out and re-logged-in automatically.

The next time you login, you will be required to use these newly set Administrator credentials.

Addition: While on the topic of Administrator Passwords, this may be a good time to mention that it is also possible to password protect access to the SPA122 IVR system. For more information about password protecting the IVR on a Cisco SPA112 click here.