- Select Voice in the Menu Bar, and then select either Line 1 or Line 2 depending on which line you have used for your fax, In the Network Settings section, enter the following settings:
- Network Jitter Level: very high
- Jitter Buffer Adjustment: no
- Next, in the Supplementary Service Subscription section, enter the following settings:
- Call Waiting Serv: no
- Three Way Call Serv: no
- Now, in the Audio Configuration section, enter the following settings to support T.38 fax:
- Preferred Codec: G711u (USA) or G711a (rest of the world)
- Use Pref Codec Only: yes
- Silence Supp Enable: no
- Echo Canc Enable: no
- FAX Passthru Codec: G711u (USA) or G711a (rest of the world)
- FAX Passthru method: ReINVITE
- FAX Enable T38: yes
- FAX T38 ECM Enable: yes
- Fax Tone Detect Mode: Callee only
- Click Submit to save your settings.
- Verify that your fax machine BAUD rate is set to a speed between 7200 and 14400. I suggest 9600.
We're the UK's first independent voice over IP discussion and support forum dedicated to all things VoIP.
Join Today - It's free and takes less than 30 seconds. You might even save yourself a few pounds in the process too.