By timlinc
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
I have been using your fantastic XML version of the dialplan published here for Snom phones using Voipfone.

Could anyone explain what line I need to add to the dialplan in order to get the phone to auto dial the area code for numbers starting in the range 5 to 8.

Thanks in advance for any help.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Unfortunately you can't have a Snom auto dial the area code via an XML dial plan as their XML dial plan is broken and has been for years. I have reported it (years ago) however it's still on their to do list:

http://forum.snom.com/index.php?showtopic=12488
https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/discu ... 6000046818

All is not lost though! You can use the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan to achieve what you want but take note, it's one or the other as you cannot use both an XML dial plan and a webinterface/identity/sip/dial plan together. I would always recommend using the XML dial plan as the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan is more restrictive but the dial plan rewrite function works on this one so if that's more important for you then it's a no brainer! An example...

I live in Swansea and the local area dialling code here is 01792 (local numbers start with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 and are six digits in length). Assuming my VoIP provider is registered against Identity 1 I can navigate to the Identity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String and enter the following syntax |^([2-9])([0-9]{5})$|sip:01792\1\[email protected]\d in the field so that whenever I dial a six digit number starting with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 it will be prefixed with my local area code 01792. Now when I dial a local number such as 234567 on the telephone keypad, the phone will automatically add my local area code and dial 01792234567.

Remember though, you can't use both XML and webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan dial plans simaltainiously so entering anything in theIdentity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String field will result in your XML dial plan no longer working.
timlinc liked this
By timlinc
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Thank you very much Paul for the info - that's most helpful. I will also report this to Snom and see if it will push them in to fixing the issue (although I won't hold my breath) but in the meantime I will use your dialplan (non XML).

Thank you.

Tim
WelshPaul wrote: Sun 14th Apr 2019, 23:05 Unfortunately you can't have a Snom auto dial the area code via an XML dial plan as their XML dial plan is broken and has been for years. I have reported it (years ago) however it's still on their to do list:

http://forum.snom.com/index.php?showtopic=12488
https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/discu ... 6000046818

All is not lost though! You can use the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan to achieve what you want but take note, it's one or the other as you cannot use both an XML dial plan and a webinterface/identity/sip/dial plan together. I would always recommend using the XML dial plan as the webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan is more restrictive but the dial plan rewrite function works on this one so if that's more important for you then it's a no brainer! An example...

I live in Swansea and the local area dialling code here is 01792 (local numbers start with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 and are six digits in length). Assuming my VoIP provider is registered against Identity 1 I can navigate to the Identity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String and enter the following syntax |^([2-9])([0-9]{5})$|sip:01792\1\[email protected]\d in the field so that whenever I dial a six digit number starting with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 it will be prefixed with my local area code 01792. Now when I dial a local number such as 234567 on the telephone keypad, the phone will automatically add my local area code and dial 01792234567.

Remember though, you can't use both XML and webinterface/identity/sip/dialplan dial plans simaltainiously so entering anything in theIdentity 1 > SIP > Dial-Plan String field will result in your XML dial plan no longer working.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
@timlinc you're most welcome. :thumbsup:

As you're using Voipfone, the following topic might be of interest to you should you decide to expand on your current dial plan: VOIPFONE UK SNOM DIAL PLAN

I have had Virgin Media stand alone broadband for…

I think that the problem could be your voice provi…

Test from Iveco

Emoji Test 😀 😃 😄 😁 😆 😅 😂 🤣 ☺️ 😊 😇 🙂 🙃 😉 😌 😍 😘 😗…

Hi! 👋🏻 It shouldn't be any problem with the inte…