Below you will find the information needed to help configure a Snom 300
. Before we start you will need to following information to hand:
- The SIP server address (also known as a proxy or registrar address) of your VoIP provider.
- Your VoIP providers outbound proxy address. (Not required in most situations.)
- Your username and password as provided to you by your VoIP provider.
Assuming you have the above details, let's get started.
- Make sure your phone is connected to the internet and power socket!
- Press the "down arrow" button until "Information IPAdr" is displayed on the phone.
- Press the "tick" button to see the IP address.
- Using a PC on the same network, type the IP address (from the screen display on the phone) in the URL of your browser. The default login details are: Username: admin, Password: admin. The SNOM configuration page should appear.
- Choose "Identity 1" in the left hand menu and under the "Login" Tab, fill in the following fields with the information provided by your VoIP provider:
- Account: Enter your username here.
- Password: Enter your password here.
- Registrar: Enter the address of your VoIP providers SIP server here. (e.g. sip.myvoipprovider.com)
- Outbound Proxy: The outbound proxy is not required in most situations, If incoming calls go straight to voicemail then enter the outbound proxy provided by your VoIP provider here.
- Click the "Save" button.
Reboot your phone, check that it registers with your VoIP provider (if it doesn't it will show NR on the screen and will not have dial tone) and that you can make and receive calls.