By GoofyCyborg
So you got your hands on a Cisco SPA525G or SPA525G2 and now you want to get it up and running in next to no time. Well all you need to do is follow the six, simple, easy to follow steps below and you should be making calls in just a few minutes.
  1. You must first determine the IP address of your device.
    To do this, press the "Paper button" followed by the number 9. This will take you into the network settings. Option 2 on the display will show you the phone's current IP address.
    SPA525G_Buttons.jpg
    SPA525G_Buttons.jpg (10.36 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
  2. Open your web browser and enter the address: http://<IP ADDRESS>/
    (Where <IP ADDRESS> is replaced by the IP address that was given to you in STEP 1)
  3. Click on the "Admin Login" button near the top right side of the screen, then click on the "Ext 1" tab.
    spa525g_config1.jpg
    spa525g_config2.jpg
  4. You should only need to modify a few basic parameters from the factory defaults. They are:
    • Proxy: sip.yourvoipprovider.co.uk (Replace sip.yourvoipprovider.co.uk with the proxy address of your VoIP provider.)
    • Register Expires: 3600 (3600 is the default setting. Some VoIP providers recommend a different value, i.e. Voipfone instruct you to use a value of 60)
    • User ID: 1234567 (Enter your User ID as provided by your VoIP provider.)
    • Password: 12345678 (Enter your password as provided by your VoIP provider.)
    spa525g_config3.jpg
  5. If a second extension is needed, simply click on the "Ext 2" tab and repeat Step 4 above.
  6. Make a call!