1. The Built-in IVR System
This is probably the most convenient way to reset and restore the OBi202 defaults:
- Be sure your analogue telephone is plugged into one of the rear-panel telephone RJ-11 jacks.
- Take the phone off-hook and press the star key three times followed by the number 8; i.e. * * * 8
- Next, the IVR response will ask you to press 1 to confirm.
- You will see the Power LED Flash Red for about 5 seconds. This is an indication that reset/restore has been initiated and the ATA is now restarting/rebooting.
This IVR restore method is a full restore. In other words, it restores both Router/Network and Voice settings.
1a. Reset Voice Configuration Parameters Only
***081# - You can reset Voice only settings by entering ***081# into the IVR. This method will leave any Router settings unchanged but will reset all Voice parameter settings to their factory defaults. After pressing "1" to confirm action, you must Hang-Up the phone before the ATA will resume with the reset. This method will only take about 20 seconds to reset and reboot, after hanging-up the phone.
1b. Reset Router Configuration Parameters Only
***082# - You can reset only the Router and related Network configurable settings back to their factory defaults without affecting any user configurable Voice settings by entering ***082# into the IVR. After pressing "1" to confirm action, you must Hang-Up the phone before the ATA will resume with the reset. You will see the Power LED flash Red when commencing this reset procedure. This method will only take about 45 seconds to complete, after hanging-up the phone.
Any and all passwords set in the OBi202 will be cleared whenever you perform a system factory restore to defaults procedure. In other words, the IVR password is also cleared (no password required) and the web login is restored to its defaults.
2. The OBi202 Phone Adapter Web-Based Configuration Utility
This procedure requires that you login to the OBi202 via the Obihai Configuration Utility using your PC and a web browser. I have already written another article that completely covers the topic of how to log into the OBi202 ATA. Please refer to that article for instructions on how to login.
The procedure described below will perform a Full Factory Reset. However, you do have the option to select Only Router Configuration reset OR Only Voice Configuration reset, OR Both, depending on which check boxes are selected. Both boxes are selected by default.
- Login to the OBi202.
- Click on the System Management menu option.
- Under System Management menu options, click on the Device Update menu option.
- While in the Device Update section, you will then click on the RESET button from within the Reset Configuration section to initiate a system configuration reset to factory defaults.
- Immediately after clicking on Reset, a dialog box window will pop-up asking you to confirm your actions by clicking on the OK button. Otherwise, the procedure will abort if you click cancel.
- After clicking OK, the Configuration Reset will commence and the "Configuration Reset Successful" screen will pop-up indicating that a successful Configuration Reset is in progress and that the ATA is now rebooting.
Clicking the Return button will take you back to the Status default landing page. Otherwise, you can click on any left-pane menu item and navigate directly to any other screen of your choice. Or, you can just close the browser tab or window to exit.
After a Full Factory Restore to Defaults procedure has been initiated, ALL data is reset to the current firmware version defaults level. And, this includes resetting the Administrator Password back to its default value (admin).
3. The Under-Panel Reset Button
This is the old well known paper clip trick.
This method will perform a full firmware level restore to defaults. In other words, it will restore both Router Network configurations and Voice configurations.
- Using the end of a paperclip, press it into the raised hole, located on the bottom-left side of the OBi202. As illustrated below, it is located on the left side of the OBi202 ID label, next to the 9-digit ID/phone number. Press and hold for at least a full 10 - 15 seconds.
1. If it's not obvious, power does need to be applied to the OBi202 when this procedure is performed.
2. Be sure the paper clip is inserted straight and perpendicular to the box and not at an angle.
- Once you press and hold the reset button long enough, the power LED will start to blink green when the restore process begins.
- Then, a few seconds later, the power LED will turn Red for about 5 seconds and begin to restart/reboot.
There you go. Your OBi202 is now ready to start with a clean slate.
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign up with my link.
- If you’d like to take your business communications to the next level, you can try CircleLoop completely free of charge at www.circleloop.com.