1. The Built-in IVR System
This is probably the most convenient way to reset and restore the OBi100 defaults:
- Be sure your analogue telephone is plugged into the rear-panel telephone RJ-11 jack.
- Take the phone off-hook and press the star key three times followed by the number 8; i.e. * * * 8
- Next, the IVR response will ask you to press "1" to confirm.
- You will see the Power LED Flash Red for about 5 seconds. This is an indication that reset/restore has been initiated and the ATA is now rebooting.
This IVR restore method is a full restore. In other words, it restores both Network and Voice settings.
It is possible to Password Protect access to the OBi100 IVR system. If you would like to restrict the ability of unauthorized users from making changes to your OBi100 configuration settings via IVR, I explain below how to do so in my previous article: Obihai OBi100 - How to Login as Administrator
Any and all passwords set in the OBi100 will be cleared whenever you perform a system factory restore to defaults procedure. In other words, the IVR password is also cleared (no password required) and the web login is restored to its defaults.
2. The Obihai OBi100 Phone Adapter Web-Based Configuration Utility
This procedure requires that you login to the OBi100 via the Obihai Configuration Utility using your PC and a web browser. I have already written another article that completely covers the topic of how to log into the Obi100 ATA. Please refer to that article for instructions on how to login.
- Login to the OBi100.
- Click on the System Management menu option.
- Under System Management menu options, click on the Device Update menu option.
- While in the Device Update section, you will then click on the RESET button from within the Reset Configuration section to initiate a system configuration reset to factory defaults.
- Immediately after clicking on Reset, a dialog box window will pop-up asking you to confirm your actions by clicking on the OK button. Otherwise, the procedure will abort if you click cancel.
- After clicking OK, the Configuration Reset will commence and the "Configuration Reset Successful" screen will pop-up indicating that a successful Configuration Reset is in progress and that the ATA is now rebooting.
Clicking the Return button will take you back to the Status default landing page. Otherwise, you can click on any left-pane menu item and navigate directly to any other screen of your choice. Or, you can just close the browser tab or window to exit.
After a Factory Restore to Defaults procedure has been initiated, ALL data is reset to the current firmware version defaults level. And, this includes setting the Administrator Username and Password back to their defaults.
3. The Under-Panel Reset Button
This method will perform a full firmware level restore to defaults. In other words, it will restore both Network configurations and Voice configurations.
- Using the end of a paperclip, press it into the raised hole, located on the bottom-left side of the OBi100. As illustrated below, it is located on the left side of the OBi100 ID label, next to the 9-digit ID/phone number. Press and hold for at least a full 10 - 15 seconds.
If it's not obvious, power does need to be applied to the OBi100 when this procedure is performed.
- Once you press and hold the reset button long enough, the power LED will start to blink green when the restore process begins.
- Then, a few seconds later, the power LED will turn red for about 5 seconds and begin to reboot.
There you go. Your OBi100 is now ready to start with a clean slate.
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign up with my link.
- If you’d like to take your business communications to the next level, you can try CircleLoop completely free of charge at www.circleloop.com.