100 %
By WelshPaul
Sadly, Obihai haven't been updating the "Latest Firmware Updates for OBi Devices" thread on their support forum with the latest firmware files for some time now. As i'm usually made aware within 24 hours of any new firmware being released, I figured I'd offer forum members the ability to keep their OBi devices up to date without the hassle of checking for new firmware periodically and having to update manually.

So, if you would like to keep your OBi updated with the currently available firmware without the need to check and manually upload, you may modify the FirmwareURL parameter of your OBi to check for new firmware periodically. Here is how to do it:

OBiTALK Portal Users:
  1. Sign-in to OBiTALK and select your OBi device. This will bring you to the Device Configuration page.
  2. At the bottom of the page, select the OBi Expert Configuration button.
  3. Go to the System Management -> Auto Provisioning section of the web page.
  4. Modify the Auto Firmware Update parameters as follows:

-- Note: You will need to uncheck both the OBiTALK Settings and Device Default check boxes to make modifications. --
    1. Set Method = Periodically
    2. Select an Interval = a numeric value in seconds, the OBi will wait to check for a new release.
      - Enter 86400 to check once a day.
    3. Set FirmwareURL = http://sipfone.co.uk/obihai/firmware/OBi2-latest.fw

Example:
      OBiTALK_Provisioning.png
  5. Click "Submit" on the bottom of the page.
Local Device Configuration:

First we will acquire the IP address of your device, if you haven't already done so. You can acquire the IP of your device by:
  • Picking up the connected handset and dial ***
  • Press 1 on your telephones keypad
You should be provided with the current IP address of your OBihai device. If your IP is "0.0.0.0" or you're told it's "not available" please make sure that your device is properly connected to your network.
  1. Open your web browser (I'm using Google Chrome).
  2. Type the IP address assigned to your device into the browser address box, and press the Enter key. The Phone Adaptor Configuration Utility Login (Authentication) window will now pop-up, enter your username and password. By default for admin login credentials should be:
    • User: admin
    • Password: admin

If you do not have this information then you will need to either reset or acquire this login information.
  3. Go to the System Management -> Auto Provisioning section of the web page.
  4. Modify the Auto Firmware Update parameters as follows:

-- Note: You will need to uncheck the Device Default check boxes to make modifications. --
    1. Set Method = Periodically
    2. Select an Interval = a numeric value in seconds, the OBi will wait to check for a new release.
      - Enter 86400 to check once a day.
    3. Set FirmwareURL = http://sipfone.co.uk/obihai/firmware/OBi2-latest.fw

Example:
      Local_Provisioning.png
  5. Click "Submit" on the bottom of the page.
Your device will now check daily for new firmware and update itself automatically.

By using this service you agree that:
  1. I will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device due to a failed firmware update.
  2. I will not be held responsible for any loss of service or any financial loss incurred to you or anyone else.
Warning:
  • It's possible that Obihai may remove a feature or function you rely on in a future update, it's also possible that any future firmware released by Obihai may have undiscovered issues that could render your device useless. You have been warned!
CJT-80 liked this