Why? Because this is the only way I can be sure that there are no surprises either via corrupted settings or previous configuration setting changes that may or may not cause unknown problems when setting up a new or different VSP on the device. It's just a good way to insure we are all starting from the same reference point.
Performing a factory reset on the Grandstream DP715 is a very quick and easy function to perform. Once completed, we are then assured that we only need to change a few essential non-default settings required to configure the phone with a VSP of your choice.
Factory Reset Procedure:
- Login to the DP715 Device Configuration utility using your PC's web browser. I explain how HERE.
- Click on the Basic Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Basic Settings configuration page.
- By default, you will see the setting: "Reset Type:" "Full Reset".
- Click on the button labelled: Reset.
Reset and reboot will take ~ 60 seconds to complete.
Once completed, you can now click on the "Click to relogin" link, or just re-enter the phone's IP address into the address bar.
Following the full factory reset, all configuration settings are now restored to their default values.
Remember, the Administrator default login password is "admin". This is a good time to go back in and configure a new more secure administrator password.
You are now ready to reconfigure your Grandstream DP715 IP Phone with your preferred VoIP provider.
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign up with my link.
- If you’d like to take your business communications to the next level, you can try CircleLoop completely free of charge at www.circleloop.com.