First lets configure your UKDDI account, log in here: https://www.3c.co.uk/ui/ and navigate to 3C > Numbers > List.
I am going to assume you already have your numbers allocated as I already have as shown below: If not, click on "Allocate new" and add them.
We need to route our UKDDI numbers to the device we're going to be registering against our UKDDI account - In my case an OBi200.
Click on the "green arrow" located under the "edit" tab for the number you wish to configure as shown below: Under the parameter "Route:" we need to enter the word "register" as shown in the image above, then click create.
I did this for both numbers in my list and as such I now have the following: As I am in the UK there are just a few more changes to be made, click on "3C > Numbers > Options" and under the secrion "Caller ID type" select "UK (UK CLIs as 0 + area code + number, international as 00 + full number)" and click on "Update" as shown below: All we need to do now is to configure the registration parameters, click on "3C > Numbers > Registration" and make the following changes:
- Registration interval: 60
- Caller ID type: UK (UK CLIs as 0 + area code + number, international as 00 + full number)
- DDI format: UK (UK DDIs as 0 + area code + number, international as 00 + full number)
My OBi200 is at it's factory defaults, I am going to configure my device locally by entering it's IP address into my web browser. You can do the same or you can use the Obitalk Portal if you prefer.
Note: If you have already configured your Obihai device via the Obitalk Portal and later make changes locally via your web browser the Obitalk Portal may overwrite any changes you make. I recommend you continue to configure your device via the Obitalk Portal.
Log in to your OBi200 device and navigate to "Service Providers > ITSP Profile A> Sip" and look for the "ProxyServer" parameter. (It's the first one in the list)
Remove the tick from the default boxes and enter the following values:
- ProxyServer: sip.ukddi.com
- RegisterExpires: 60
- AuthUserName: ukddi_1253232
- AuthPassword: DSiKIv6Yc0TP
Your device is now successfully registered against your UKDDI account and you should be able to receive inbound calls from your UKDDI number(s) on your Obihai device.
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign up with my link.
- If you’d like to take your business communications to the next level, you can try CircleLoop completely free of charge at www.circleloop.com.