Before you start, you need to know your VoIP username, password and the SIP server address of your VoIP provider. For the purpose of this guide, let's assume my VoIP provider account information is as follows:
- VoIP Username as my VoIP username
- Password as my password
- sip.phoneprovider.co.uk as my VoIP providers SIP server
On your handset, select the following Menu > Settings > Registration > Register Handset. It will ask you for a system PIN, this is 0000. Before you enter the PIN, press and HOLD the silver button (Glows Blue) on your base station for 3 SECONDS and let go, enter the PIN and this will register the handset.
Step 2: Locating the IP address
You can obtain the IP Address two different ways. You can either type in gigaset-config.com into the address bar of your web browser OR click on menu > settings > System > Network > IP Address. If you cannot see this option, your handset will need registering (See above step). DO NOT include any leading zeros, so 192.168.001.010 should actually be typed 192.168.1.10 into your web browser. You should see the following login screen:
Step 3: Configuring the Connection
The default password is 0000. Enter this password and click OK to log in. Once logged in, click on Settings > Telephony > Connections and IP1 (this is default) as shown below:
Step 4: Configuring your account
Click on Edit on a connection to start configuring your base station. Enter the details shown below:
- Set “Authentication Name” to VoIP Username
- Set “Authentication Password” to VoIP Password
- Set “Username” to VoIP Username
- Set “Display Name” to anything you wish
Once complete, click on Show Advanced Settings and enter the following settings shown below:
- Set “Domain” to sip.sip.phoneprovider.co.uk
- Set “Proxy Server Port” to 5060
- Set “Registration Server” to sip.phoneprovider.co.uk
- Set “Registration Server Port” to 5060
- Set “Outbound Server Address” to sip.phoneprovider.co.uk
- Set “Outbound Proxy Port” to 5060
Once entered, click on Set and locate Advanced VoIP Settings on the left hand side of the page and enter the following as shown below:
- Set “Auto DTMF Transmission” to No
- Set “DTMF Transmission” to RFC 2833
Click on "Set" to save the changes. Then click on Management on the left hand side, Reboot and Reset > Reboot. Once rebooted, your device will then successfully register with your VoIP provider.
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign me up!
- Sign up for a Dropbox account using my referral link and get an extra 500 MB of bonus space. Sign me up!
- UK's #1 Reliable VoIP Telephone System Solutions. Hosted PBX, SIP Trunking and Toll Free numbers. Free Trial. 14 Days. Try Now! — VoIPLine Telecom