Discuss UK landline phone services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By mpmc
Just updated the firmware on the obi110 & used 17070 to test and it would appear that openreach have changed the prompts... It was "This circuit is defined as xxx, BT line test facility.." it has now been re-dubbed (badly) with "This circuit is defined as xxx, (in a different voice) 'Welcome to your Openreach' (back to old voice) line test facility..".

Looks like they've reused a prompt from a different IVR and it sounds awful..

I wonder if it's different for other lines (e.g. Sky, Talktalk etc)..
By gsmlnx
I don't have a landline so cannot test but my wife's work voice mail system uses the technique where the name of the person's voice mail is spoken in real time with the rest of the instructions a recorded voice. The pronunciations are hilarious even for common names and the phrasing is extremely odd too.
By WelshPaul
Well my new line has been provisioned early! :-o

As expected I get the same "This circuit is defined as xxx, (in a different voice) 'Welcome to your Openreach' (back to old voice) line test facility..". Pretty sure everyone who dials 17070 will get the same (other than Virgin Media cable customers).

I don't find it that bad tbh! I was expecting a lot worse, it is after all just an engineers tool. :)
CJT-80 liked this