Discuss all things mobile phones here, whether that's networks, services, apps, or handsets, including Apple iPhone, Samsung and other Android devices.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
What is Wi-Fi Calling?
Quite simply, Wi-Fi Calling lets you make calls and send texts over Wi-Fi, even if you don’t have any mobile reception. It’s a handy service on the iD Mobile network, and you can use it if you’ve got a compatible handset. Which leads nicely on to the next question…

How do I set up Wi-Fi Calling?
To use Wi-Fi Calling you just need to 1. Connect to Wi-Fi, 2. Make sure your software is up to date, 3. Switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings. We ‘ve got more detail on each of these three things below:
  1. Connecting to Wi-Fi.
    Wi-Fi calling will work when you’re unable to connect to 3G or 4G and have a Wi-Fi speed of at least 2MB. Most current Wi-Fi packages offer speeds between 8MB and 200MB. To check yours, just head over to Google, type in ‘internet speed test’, and take the test.
  2. Updating your software.
    You now need to update your phone's software, if it’s not bang up to date already. If you’re an iPhone user, you’ll need to install the latest software and accept the latest carrier settings.
  3. Switching on Wi-Fi Calling.
    If you’ve got a compatible iPhone, you can switch on Wi-Fi Calling in Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
    If you’ve got an Android phone, the exact method for switching Wi-Fi Calling on varies by manufacturer. It could be something as simple as Settings > More> Wi-Fi Calling, but here’s how it’s done on some Huawei or Samsung handsets:
    • Click on the ‘phone’ icon like you’re about to make a call.
    • Tap the three vertical dots (top right hand corner on Samsung, bottom right hand corner on Huawei) and select ‘Settings’.
    • Scroll down to Wi-Fi Calling and toggle on.
Done all that? Good. Your Wi-Fi Calling is now set up, and it’ll automatically kick in next time you need it. And don’t forget, it works for text messages too.

Does Wi-Fi Calling cost anything?
When you use Wi-Fi Calling, nothing changes in the way you’re billed for calls and texts. You use your monthly allowance of minutes or texts, and if you haven't got any allowances left, you'll be charged at our usual out-of-plan rates.

You'll also be charged at our out-of-plan rates if you make a call that's not covered by your monthly allowance of minutes. These include international calls, or premium calls like chat lines and TV competitions.

To find out more about Wi-Fi Calling, ask a question below, and someone in the UKVF Community can have a crack at answering it.

Ok, so the next instalment......... I loaded the Grand…

Apologies I do not have an answer but could you please …

Have you tried simply modifying the " ext &…

FreePBX and MS Teams

Hi @nwphoto , I Have responded to your private messa…