Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By c0d3r
westmixxin wrote:It's all about area in connection here in the proper area a you have the proper connection you can do whatever you want but if you're not in the proper area that you don't have the proper connection you're going to have some problems.
I don't mean to be rude but your post makes no sense?
By JohnBrack
Personally I am fairly shocked you would attempt VoIP with satellite broadband, VoIP's data usage tends to be pretty high, and as of such you need a connection that can sustain that, which satellite broadband to my knowledge rarely can. If it's actually working though, then colour me impressed, we truly are moving towards an era of globalisation.
westmixxin wrote:It's all about area in connection here in the proper area a you have the proper connection you can do whatever you want but if you're not in the proper area that you don't have the proper connection you're going to have some problems.
I'm not sure what you're saying here? Satellite internet is inherently dependant on a lot more than place geographical placement (although that is a significant factor obviously)
By sbatz1972
Wow, I have never heard of this. I thought Satellite was one of the best ISPs out there. I would be happy if they offered unlimited GBs like the broadband and cable. I would like to use staellite, but the truth is I use the Internet way too much to worry about the allotment of GBs I receive from my ISP.
By pwarbi
VOIP us just like anything else that relies on an internet connection, if your broadband is poor, you'll get a poor service and connection off your VOIP, even if you have the best hardware available. Satellite internet is notoriously unstable at the best of times so I'd also be a bit wary of trying to use a VOIP system connected to satellite aswell to be honest.