Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By mpmc
I wasn't sure where to post this so seeing as a line is usually required for broadband this might be the best place..

As a BT customer with the unlimited infinity broadband and unlimited calls option, I will be looking elsewhere as soon as these increases hit unfortunately when BT up prices others tend to follow :/.

So if anyone has any recommendations for a replacement ISP (Preferred unlimited VDSL) please let me know :)
By bathdoger
What we need here in the uk is dry ADSL. The ability to have a line that supplies only broadband, that though is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I suspect not many people would retain a landline service given how reliable and cheap voip is, not to mention mobile phones so BT no doubt would block any attempt to allow dry ADSL.
By mpmc
bathdoger wrote:What we need here in the uk is dry ADSL. The ability to have a line that supplies only broadband, that though is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I suspect not many people would retain a landline service given how reliable and cheap voip is, not to mention mobile phones so BT no doubt would block any attempt to allow dry ADSL.
I believe AAISP do dry A/V DSL but unfortunately their prices for home broadband are worse than BT's! £25 (ADSL) or £35 (VDSL) Broadband + Line only with a measly 100GB is a joke (200GB +£10, 300GB is +£20).
By WelshPaul
Put my postcode in and the best they could offer me was 3 or 6mb down with 1mb! Crazy speeds... If Virgin offered cable BB through the UK I think BT open reach would be in serious trouble.

I wonder if 4G and beyond will be a game changer? OK I know it will be no good for gaming etc because of latency and ping but for those looking for regular internet use maybe even VoIP it has it's uses. I have made many VoIP calls over 3G and not had a single issue with my iPhone, app and three mobile.
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
It seems like dry(naked) DSL will not happen any time soon, so hopefully 4G might kick-off a new VoIP market in the UK and give people the option to free themselves from the BT shackles once and for all :wave: