Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By mpmc
I wasn't sure where to post this so seeing as a line is usually required for broadband this might be the best place..

BBC News wrote:
BT has warned millions of customers it is increasing its prices by up to 6.5% from December this year.

It will increase the line rental for direct debit customers by 6.25% to £16.99, and the rate for calling UK landlines by 6.44%.

The set-up fee for landline calls, residential calls, to the speaking clock and call return charges will also increase for some or all customers. (Which is it?)

But BT said it had added "extra money-saving options" for poorer customers.

As a BT customer with the unlimited infinity broadband and unlimited calls option, I will be looking elsewhere as soon as these increases hit unfortunately when BT up prices others tend to follow :/.

So if anyone has any recommendations for a replacement ISP (Preferred unlimited VDSL) please let me know :)

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By bathdoger
What we need here in the uk is dry ADSL. The ability to have a line that supplies only broadband, that though is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I suspect not many people would retain a landline service given how reliable and cheap voip is, not to mention mobile phones so BT no doubt would block any attempt to allow dry ADSL.
By mpmc
bathdoger wrote:What we need here in the uk is dry ADSL. The ability to have a line that supplies only broadband, that though is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I suspect not many people would retain a landline service given how reliable and cheap voip is, not to mention mobile phones so BT no doubt would block any attempt to allow dry ADSL.
I believe AAISP do dry A/V DSL but unfortunately their prices for home broadband are worse than BT's! £25 (ADSL) or £35 (VDSL) Broadband + Line only with a measly 100GB is a joke (200GB +£10, 300GB is +£20).
By WelshPaul
Put my postcode in and the best they could offer me was 3 or 6mb down with 1mb! Crazy speeds... If Virgin offered cable BB through the UK I think BT open reach would be in serious trouble.

I wonder if 4G and beyond will be a game changer? OK I know it will be no good for gaming etc because of latency and ping but for those looking for regular internet use maybe even VoIP it has it's uses. I have made many VoIP calls over 3G and not had a single issue with my iPhone, app and three mobile.
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
It seems like dry(naked) DSL will not happen any time soon, so hopefully 4G might kick-off a new VoIP market in the UK and give people the option to free themselves from the BT shackles once and for all :wave:

Advertisement

By Sponsor

I bet it took you about 10 secs to work it out! …

Yes changing power save mode to disable fixed it. …

Hi iantor, Have you tried setting NAT Keeplive En…

Obihai have just release a new firmware version fo…

Check out our Amazon top picks