Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By Bonzer
My speeds are as below
1.5 Mbps download
0.4 Mbps upload

I know these are very poor speeds, but I'm on an ADSL broadband and am shortly switching over to an optical fibre network. Moreover, there's a Fair usage policy here, which is stupid to be honest. I used up 25 GB of data watching cricket this month and I'm now forced to put up with reduced speeds.

My download speed is usually 4Mbps and download 1 Mbps.
By Se7ev
Sunflogun wrote:My provider says that my internet speed is 100MB, but this is little over 70MB with the cable. When I connect with wireless it's around 12MB, so that is nothing extraordinary. Unusual to have the same download and upload speed se7en?
Why unusual? I didn't have same speed when I was on cable, now since we have FTTH, upload and download speeds are same.
By WelshPaul
I have never heard of anyone getting the same upload speed as their download speed.

Upload speeds usually suck! I have a whopping 152mb down but only 12mb up. :(
By Se7ev
WelshPaul wrote:I have never heard of anyone getting the same upload speed as their download speed.

Upload speeds usually suck! I have a whopping 152mb down but only 12mb up. :(
Are you using fiber optic?
I know that other internet connections usually have better download speed than upload (such are cable modems, DSL), because they were designed to provide better for downloading than uploading, they are asymmetric.
By Se7ev
pwarbi wrote:My download speed is significantly better than upload speed aswell but I have to admit, it doesn't really affect me to be honest. I'd imagine that's the same with all ISP's though?
It's not the same with all ISP's - it depends on internet connection (cable, DSL, FTTH) and ISP. But mostly download speed is better than upload, but modern connection offer same speed up and down.