Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By Se7ev
Sunflogun wrote:Yep, most people don't upload documents or files, we just download or simply navigate online, that is why that for the majority of users that is what counts.
That will change soon, as peer-to-peer networks are becoming more popular ;)

Don't hit and run, seed back :D
By pwarbi
That was my point, at the moment the upload speed isn't affecting the way we use the internet, so the ISP's aren't looking at increasing the upload speeds, I'm sure there will come a time when they will have to look at that. And probably increase the price accordingly of course aswell no doubt!
By mvasishta
I have Talktalk too! The service can be absolutely ridiculous - the connection is never stable it's always flickering and I actually had one of there staff members say to me over the phone that they can interrupt the service from their office - if it gets to the time when your contract is due for a renewal and you haven't made a decision. It's actually disgusting; I recently have upgraded to Talk Talk Fibre optic - and have seen a difference.
By pwarbi
mvasishta wrote:I have Talktalk too! The service can be absolutely ridiculous - the connection is never stable it's always flickering and I actually had one of there staff members say to me over the phone that they can interrupt the service from their office - if it gets to the time when your contract is due for a renewal and you haven't made a decision. It's actually disgusting; I recently have upgraded to Talk Talk Fibre optic - and have seen a difference.
A lot of people on the forum have had a problem with talktalk but mines not actually been that bad to be honest, it's looking like I'm just one of the lucky ones though, and the more I read the more I'm thinking about switching next time now, I have to admit.

On the speed test I can't really complain about the figures I'm getting so at the moment I'm pretty happy and it works well for what I need it for.
By Sunflogun
nytegeek wrote:Speedtest.net is my favorite one to use. It is fairly accurate and it is easy to share the results.
Speedtest.net is the most widely used I think. I think it's important that we test the speed of our internet because after all if we are paying to get a certain speed it doesn't seem fair that we don't receive it.
By kylerlittle
pwarbi wrote:It's true that we should check our internet speed regularly, but if we're not getting the speed were paying for, what kind of argument have we got and how would people go about getting in touch with their ISP and resolving the matter?
I think it's so annoying that we don't receive the speed that we're meant to receive. What if it's not the ISP's fault though? or is it always their fault? I want to know if I'm being scammed.