Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By dibts
I personally recommend that you guys subscribe to TalkTalk when it comes to your broadband service. The company is reliable and the rates are reasonable. So far, my billing with them is smooth and they are able to explain to me everything that I am billed for when I call their customer service.
By pwarbi
I know a while ago talk talk didn't have a great reputation, but they've done a lot recently to try and get themselves back on track.

I was a bit wary about switching to them, but I have to say their service has been fine with me. The price is one of the cheapest, even AFTER the introductory deal And the speeds have been consistently good aswell.
By kylerlittle
pwarbi wrote:I know a while ago talk talk didn't have a great reputation, but they've done a lot recently to try and get themselves back on track.

I was a bit wary about switching to them, but I have to say their service has been fine with me. The price is one of the cheapest, even AFTER the introductory deal And the speeds have been consistently good aswell.
Could you tell me the prices on that particular service? I'm interested for my girlfriend to change from BT, as she's not satisfied with it.
By pwarbi
While I don't have all the prices to hand, I know I'm paying a lot less now than what I have done in the past.

A lot depends on the package you subscribe to and if you want the TV and landline in there aswell or just internet access.

If your girlfriend is out of contract with BT I'd definitely suggest shopping around as I found in the past that BT are one of the more expensive provider's around at the moment.
By kylerlittle
pwarbi wrote:While I don't have all the prices to hand, I know I'm paying a lot less now than what I have done in the past.

A lot depends on the package you subscribe to and if you want the TV and landline in there aswell or just internet access.

If your girlfriend is out of contract with BT I'd definitely suggest shopping around as I found in the past that BT are one of the more expensive provider's around at the moment.
Okay, thank you for your help I appreciate it. It's good that there are other brands out there that offer different packages for a different price.
By pwarbi
And wouldn't you know it, shortly after posting on this thread, I get an email saying the price of my package is going up!

I don't know if this is a price increase across the whole range of services or just the one I subscribe to. While I'm still happy to stay with talktalk, I think I might be looking at the other options now.
By BradR
We've been thinking about Talk Talk because of our poor experience with Virgin Media, but we're not sure whether it's good enough price wise. I've heard their support is fantastic and they help fix most problems, but, I've just found offers which are far better elsewhere. What are the speeds like?
By mvasishta
I think talk talk can be a pretty hit or miss service - I used to have their normal broadband service and the connectivity on it was ridiculous! But now I have fiber it's a lot better and I don't lose connectivity as often. I definitely have had problems with talk talk there's no doubt about it! But I think that can happen with everyone. In comparison to BT I never had any problems with their connectivity. The customer service can either be really bad or really good. I think its competitively priced though!