Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By BradR
Paying £100/month for internet and one of Virgin Media's best packages, you'd expect almost perfect internet, however, it's far from it. Regularly, we have slow speeds, constant issues with connecting and something so many Virgin Media customers have complained about, poor support. Honestly, it's one of the worst providers we have been on and trust me, we've been on enough to declare that. Literally, BT were 10 times better and we paid half the price, which is pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure what their other packages are like but this one hasn't been worth it at all.
By Dekay
ISPs these days realize that wireless is where the money is these days, they can charge per Gigabyte and wireless network infrastructure is much faster and cheaper to deploy compared to traditional lines. Honestly, we are only going to see better consumer service when there is increased competition in the marketplace and so far it seems most ISPs would rather merge than compete.

That said, when you contact companies like Virgin Media through social media they are more likely to prioritize your support ticket.
By nytegeek
Dekay wrote:ISPs these days realize that wireless is where the money is these days, they can charge per Gigabyte and wireless network infrastructure is much faster and cheaper to deploy compared to traditional lines. Honestly, we are only going to see better consumer service when there is increased competition in the marketplace and so far it seems most ISPs would rather merge than compete.

That said, when you contact companies like Virgin Media through social media they are more likely to prioritize your support ticket.
I absolutely 100% agree with this. Connecting with service providers via social media is an excellent way to get priority when seeking complaint resolution. I have had companies of different types give me the run around just to have their social media teams actually help me. The folks in charge of a company's social media presence are interested in promoting a positive image of their company and are often more likely to help a customer. In the 1980s if you didn't get anywhere on the telephone or with an associate you wrote a letter to the corporate overlords to get the needed attention. Nowadays social media is the same idea only much more effective.