Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By pwarbi
These days, nearly every month there seems to be new broadband providers coming out of the woodwork, all offering cheaper deals than the established providers. But just how good, and how cheap are they?

Sites such as Uswitch, and other comparison websites have recently added broadband providers to the list of utilities that you can compare, supposedly helping you get the best deals available at the time you are ready to change.

As anybody used a comparison site to change their ISP, and if so was the deal as good as you was originally led to believe?

I'm with TalkTalk at the moment but I am considering a change, so just thought I'd pop the question on here, and get your thoughts.
By pwarbi
We have quite a few of them over here, and while they're definitely a good idea, you do have to be careful and make sure you pick one that's genuinely independent. There are some that tend to push certain products on to the consumer when its not necessarily the best option, they've just paid to have their product pushed to the top of the list.
By nytegeek
pwarbi wrote:We have quite a few of them over here, and while they're definitely a good idea, you do have to be careful and make sure you pick one that's genuinely independent. There are some that tend to push certain products on to the consumer when its not necessarily the best option, they've just paid to have their product pushed to the top of the list.
That would seem to be important. I'm guessing sometimes the sites true affiliation is covered well. We run into that here with comparison sites for other types of services. It can be very frustrating. Ah well, I guess being willing to do the research is the only real way to find the best deal.
By vinaya
I don't immediately switch to a new ISP because it is offering cheap service. I make a switch only when I am not satisfied with the ISP I am using. If another ISP is offering service on lower rates but with higher speed and has positive reviews from customers,I will consider to make a switch.