Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By vinaya
Currently, I am paying my internet bills based on data usage. Since the internet package I have subscribed is prepaid plan, I get 5 GB data for about 20 USD. Years ago, I used to surf internet based on pay per minute. I prefer to pay per data usage,
By pwarbi
I would have thought that most ISP offers data plans rather than time plans these days. When the internet was still relatively new and people were only just getting online there was a few plans around that just charged you for the amount of time you spent online, but they could get quite expensive.

Most plans these days will work off how much data you use, and a lot are unlimited data, for a flat monthly charge.
By adssolsn
i see most people prefer to pay per data usage, but what is the difference in terms of the cost; i think per minute would be cheaper especially now that people open more than window on their browser.think about it, you could be typing and listening to music on YouTube while downloading a software. would that not be awesome?
talk2me liked this
By talk2me
adssolsn wrote:i see most people prefer to pay per data usage, but what is the difference in terms of the cost; i think per minute would be cheaper especially now that people open more than window on their browser.think about it, you could be typing and listening to music on YouTube while downloading a software. would that not be awesome?
I think that is a very good point. So in pay per minute plan we can work on multiple sites at the same time. That would be beneficial for certain group of people especially for those who work online.

However, I use an unlimited mobile broadband plan. I am quite satisfied with that as it serves my purpose and I don't need any lightning speed. But at times it creates issues with a very slow traffic. But is very much cheaper than any other plans available now in our area.