Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By nytegeek
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
If you are saying that Ethernet is safer than Wi-Fi it completely depends on the situation. An up to date and properly configured Wi-Fi access point wouldn't be experiencing the problems you mentioned nor would they be so frequent if they did happen.

A normal router includes Wi-Fi capabilities in most cases these days and the proper distinction is Ethernet cable vs. wireless.
By adssolsn
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
to tell the truth @vinaya, i have no idea how these kids do it time after time; they are college students. i will definitely give him all your suggestions. thanks so much for all your help; changing the password daily seems like a great idea but in case it doesn't work, he can switch to cable network.
By waqsi
Posts Avatar
I got your problem mate! I thinks its the common problem faced now-a-days but don't worry, there are ways to prevent this. :)
Just follow the simple steps given below:

1) Setup a strong password or to make it more secure, set up an encryption key.
2) Turn the router firewalls and MAC address on.
3) This one is technical but seek for a master in this and assign IP address to your devices.
4) Make your network's SSID invisible. That's all!
Though all the above steps require a technician, I guess that wouldn't be a big problem to you. Good luck! :)
Sipgate Basic and multiple SIP clients

Ok, thanks. Was worried that using the same sip user in…

Your device was probably listed on Cisco's provisioning…

This means it is very dangerous to post here other t…

https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=58#p5950