Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By vinaya
I use internet from a USB dongle. (there is a data SIM inserted in the dongle). It is quite good in the city areas, however, when I move to rural area the connection is frustrating. Interestingly, when I use the USB dongle SIM in my phone and create a mobile hostspot, the connection gets better. Can anyone explain why connection is better compared to USB dongle when it is used as mobile hotspot?
By talk2me
May be in your new location it seems mobile signals are too weak to connect to your dongle. When you change its place to a location where there is enough signals it would start receiving signals. I am going through a similar situation. Earlier I was using a non-WiFi datacard and it kept on losing mobile signals every now and then. But when I switched over to the latest Huawei WiFi Wingle (E8372) my issues have been resolved. It gives stable reception and now I am on 4G 24x7 days. My earlier dongle was not even receiving 3G signals.

When you are using mobile hotspot you have the benefit of placing it in the most favorable location where signal strength is good. I think that may be the reason here.