Discuss, review and recommend UK broadband internet services from providers such as BT, Virgin Media and Sky here.
By talk2me
I mean if I am using an older version of Windows , will it badly affect my broadband speed? Is there any relation between OS version and broadband speed?

I heard that the processing speed of a computer, modem and router can affect broadband speed. Also if you share your net connection with other computers it will adversely affect its speed. But not sure about OS?
By vinaya
There are number of factors that affect internet seed. However, I think operating system also has an overall effect on internet speed. I have experienced this on my hand held devices as well as laptop. I experience different connection speed when I was using Windows 7 and when I was using Windows 8 on my computer, this is also true when compared to mobile operating system.
By bluegreen
talk2me wrote:I mean if I am using an older version of Windows , will it badly affect my broadband speed? Is there any relation between OS version and broadband speed?

I heard that the processing speed of a computer, modem and router can affect broadband speed. Also if you share your net connection with other computers it will adversely affect its speed. But not sure about OS?
I'm pretty sure that the Operating System doesn't affect the internet speed at all!

Of course that you will suffer from lag and slowliness in some pages but that is due to your Operating System (of course if it's an old one, that means that the PC will be old as well) and everyone know that older OS are associated to less capable parts thus making the PC slower when loading certain pages! But that is not correlated to internet speed!