davep123 wrote:I took the plunge & signed up with virgin for a 100mbps connection "upto" of course.As Homer Simpson would say... Woo Hoo! . :-D
So the kit arrives tomorrow for me to set up myself, which should be fine.
davep123 wrote:So I need to be careful in what order I do thingsOnce you're up and running put in a notice of cancellation with your existing broadband provider. DO NOT CANCEL YOUR PHONE LINE
1. get virgin up & running
2.cancel broadband from current provider
3. start sipgate account or net telco
4.port number from current provider to sipgate or net telco
5.buy adaptor Cisco SPA112 or OBi100
have I missed anything ??
If you have any issues with your Virgin Media broadband you will be able to cancel it and in turn cancel your cancellation request with your existing provider.
If all is OK, request to port your number with whatever VoIP provider you decide to use, once the port is complete your old PSTN line will be disconnected and a final bill will be generated by your old provider.
The PAP2T is an obsolite model and was replaced by the SPA112. I would recomnend you buy this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006 ... tag=uvf-21
davep123 wrote:Also where is best to buy adaptors from ?Read this.
I have seen this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cisco-Linksys ... 2222986483
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign me up!
- Sign up for a Dropbox account using my referral link and get an extra 500 MB of bonus space. Sign me up!
- UK's #1 Reliable VoIP Telephone System Solutions. Hosted PBX, SIP Trunking and Toll Free numbers. Free Trial. 14 Days. Try Now! — VoIPLine Telecom