Below is the email I received from Voipfone a short time ago:
Dear ***,FYI, this is what a genuine Voipfone voicemail notification email looks like: If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email from Voipfone, contact them via their official contact us page. In the meantime, you can access your Voicemail(s) by logging into your Voipfone Control Panel here, or by dialling one of Voipfone's access numbers listed below:
We have received reports that emails are being sent out with what appears to be a voicemail notification from us. These unsolicited emails are being sent out, indiscriminately, to anyone with an email address.
We can confirm that these emails are not being sent by Voipfone and must be treated with the utmost suspicion; as there is the potential that it is malware.
As an aid to identifying these unsolicited, and potentially harmful emails, the subject line starts with: 'Voice Message Attached from' followed by a phone number. The email also contains a .zip attachment rather than the usual audio file.
Our genuine voicemail emails have a subject line starting 'New Message in Mailbox' followed by either your Voipfone account number, or a group number and your account.
If you do receive an unsolicited email from what-appears-to-be Voipfone, please delete the email, without reading it.
Also, please do not, under any circumstances, open the attachment!
We are continuing to investigate these reports, but felt it necessary to make everyone aware that these unsolicited emails are not being sent by us. It may be worth noting that this 'spam' method is very similar to the phishing emails which get sent out, purporting to be from banks.
iNet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
227 Marsh Wall
Registered number: 05168033
Vat Registration Number: 858850966
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7043 55 55
Fax: +44 (0)20 7043 55 56
- For extension voicemails, dial 1571 from your Voipfone. From any other phone, dial 0843 1 760 760 (from overseas, +44 843 1 760 760 or +44 844 774 6606) and when prompted, enter your account number, followed by star and your extension number. You will then be asked to enter your extension password.
- For voicemails to the default (free) group, dial 1572 from your Voipfone. From any other phone, dial 0843 1 760 760 (from overseas, +44 843 1 760 760 or +44 844 774 6606) and when prompted enter your account number and password.
- For voicemails to your paid groups, dial 1573 from your Voipfone. From any other phone, dial 0843 176 1573 (from overseas +44 843 176 1573) and when prompted, enter your account number, the group number and the associated pin number.
- Appreciate my support? Feel free to buy me a beer.
- Voipfone are offering you the chance to trial their VoIP service for free for 30 days. Sign up with my link.
- UK's #1 Reliable VoIP Telephone System Solutions. Hosted PBX, SIP Trunking and Toll Free numbers. Free Trial. 14 Days. Try Now! — VoIPLine Telecom