If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By WelshPaul
Yes and yes (unless they change it).

Try pinging the SIP address or run a traceroute, should return the IP address.
By WelshPaul
You don't need to contact him, ping the SIP address or run a traceroute and the IP address should be shown in the results.

CJT-80 liked this
By VoipIT
spare wrote: Thu 15th February 2018, 11:23 I assume when you say yes to the SIP server you mean yes its NOT a problem? (Or did you mean yes it is a problem?)
I mean yes it is a problem. Think about it, if the SIP servers IP address changes but you're still using the old IP address to connect then your going to lose registration.

An example:
My phone number is 1234, you have 1234 programmed in speed dial, I change my phone number to 4321 but you still have 1234 programmed in speed dial. What do you think is going to happen if you dial 1234 or press the speed dial button? You're going to either get an error, or get connected to the new owner of that phone number.

Instead of a phone number to reach a destination, you're using an IP address but the result is the same.
By WelshPaul
If you're running any kind of server then you should be using a static IP because a static IP doesn't change, even if you change servers or hardware configurations. ;-)

https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/3547208?hl=en
By WelshPaul
spare wrote: Fri 16th February 2018, 11:46 What I wanted to know is what is the chance of a SIP address from a regular VoIP company changing its IP address.
The IP address will never change unless they choose to change it. :)
Pitney Bowes Franking Machine

Im with FP and their tech team is very good with r…

Gigaset N300A IP

The Gigaset N300A IP has been a great way to comb…

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…