If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By VoipNewbie2k21
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi,

Signed up for Sipgate UK Basic account to try them out and for the free local UK PTSN number.

I read on their site at https://www.sipgatebasic.co.uk/tour that you can have multiple phones connected to a single account, but I can't seem to find the option in the dashboard to add a new device and generate additonal SIP credentials for it.

I don't think the Basic account supports multiple extensions like, say, Gradwell, unless you use Sipgate's "Teams" or their trunking service with your own PBX, but my only intention here is to have multiple devices in my house ring when someone calls my Sipgate PTSN number and being able to make outbound calls from any connected device in the house through Sipgate.

Either I'm being daft (very likely) and it's something obvious I've missed or I need to wait until I get the verification code in the post to verify my address (Only signed up today.)

Could someone give me some pointers in the right direction?
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
You can register multiple devices against the same SIP Credentials.
There are limitations doing it this way, no extension to extension calling etc.
By VoipNewbie2k21
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll give that a go. Would that also work if I had, say, a phone at home on my home Internet and my smartphone on another Internet connection (4G or WiFi at a friend's house)

Would they interfere with each other in that scenario?
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Doesn't matter what internet connection you're using or your location within the UK, makes no difference. 🙂
VoipNewbie2k21 wrote:Would they interfere with each other in that scenario?
No, not if the extension/account is configured to support multiple devices.
I haven't tested it on Sipgate Basic myself but I do have an Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) account, and they allow registration of multiple SIP clients.
By ostridge
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
WelshPaul wrote: Fri 23rd Jul 2021, 15:45 You can register multiple devices against the same SIP Credentials.
There are limitations doing it this way, no extension to extension calling etc.
Well, if your SGbasic number is 01234-654321, then from one of your SGb phones dial 01234-654321 (your incoming SG#) it rings all SGb registered phones, and if you answer from a different exten, you can talk to yourself for no charge.

Of course you could talk to yourself at no charge without using any phone at all :grinning:
Cisco 8841 3PCC

Before we go any further... Can you verify that the d…

VIP Membership

Good stuff, I see it now. Thanks @WelshPaul !

You can register multiple devices against the same SI…

I'm sure this is a config problem as it affects 3 off S…