If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By Splash Wave
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi all - first post to the forums, looking for some advice please.

I have a Sipgate Basic account and it's all set up, can use it with a softphone on my PC. My wife and I would like some form of 'land line' should something happen to our mobiles and we need to make calls - something other than relying on the softphones as well.

Our landline DECT phones are so old that part of me thinks I would be better off buying an IP phone, rather than an ATA and then having to replace the phones again later. We want something 'no frills' that doesn't look like it belongs on a corporate desk.

Have narrowed it down to the Fanvill H2U, just wondering what Fanvill are like in general for any software updates and if anyone has any experience of this in general? I like the idea of it being POE powered and therefore less cabling - I guess the alternative is we buy a Grandstream HT801 and connect it with any analog phone.

Out of interest, if you use the HT801, do you still need a RJ11-BT adapter with a ring capacitor, or could you use a RJ11-RJ11 cable?

TIA :grinning:
By @UKVoIPForums
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Firmware for the Fanvil H2U can be found here:
http://download.fanvil.com/Firmware/Release/H2U/

I have never used this brand myself but the firmware seems to get updated fairly regularly.
Splash Wave wrote: Out of interest, if you use the HT801, do you still need a RJ11-BT adapter with a ring capacitor, or could you use a RJ11-RJ11 cable?
If you were to purchase a HT801, it's likely that you would need to purchase a RJ11-BT adapter with a ring capacitor. Some phones will work with a RJ11-RJ11 cable, some do not.
Splash Wave liked this
Ringback when busy

I have recently changed over to VOIP with Fibrus which …

Multiline VoIP providers?

I am aware that for people using a full blown VoIP phon…

Hi guys i have been trying to setup a grandstream ht801…

@@UKVoIPForums , Yes :) It's the reason I got the Sky…