If it's about VoIP, SIP or Internet Telephony but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, post it here.
By Fergali
I have a meeting room and currently have a SNOM 320 which we use occasionally for conference calls (using the speakerphone).

Unfortunately it is difficult for everyone to crowd around the phone so we are thinking of buying a specific conference phone with much better microphone & speaker abilities.

Voipfone are suggesting we purchase a SNOM Meeting Point Phone for £780 (ex VAT) but we think that's a bit pricey.

I'm thinking of something like the Polycoim Soundstation analogue models with a VOIP telephone adaptor. Do you think this will work OK with Voipfone?

Has anyone got any experience of doing conferencing this way or can someone suggest an alternative solution?

many thanks for any response/help
By WelshPaul
Nothing wrong with the Polycom range, reviews look good. I just looked on amazon and you can get the Polycom IP5000 SIP IP Conference Phone for £285.88p. See here.

The Polycom Soundstation 2 costs £264.00p, by the time you purchase an analogue telephone adaptor to go with it you would of saved money purchasing the IP5000 above. Plus less plugs and wires.